Help! Turbo Budgeting!

withoutme

Could someone pls tell me how much it costs to install a good turbo system in my 2001 ES 2.0. Thanks

The more detailed the better!

I think you should start off with about $3k. But realize that once you go turbo, you may want to upgrade other things on your car too. Things like a clutch to help get that extra power to the wheels, brakes to help bring the car down from the speed quicker, fuel management to make sure the car can run forced induction safetly. So after the initial $3k for the kit, expect to pay another $700-$1000 in other parts and installation fees. All of that still doesn't include the price of guages. So it's a pretty vicious cycle. Just make sure you do your research before you buy one so you know exactly what you're getting into. Just my $1.50 hehe :D

You are looking at about 3-4k for a full turbo system. Then if you want to pay someone to install it and tune it thats about $500-$1000. Then you will need a clutch $400 + install. Then you might as well get an exhuast because backpressure for turbos is not good! add another $400-500 to the mix. And as apexistud stated you will need gauges...boost and air/fuel and EGT would not be a bad idea neither so thats another $100 + EGT gauge $200.
Total cost for one bad ass turboed MP3 = approx:$5300.00

Thanks for the information guys!

I have an automatic ES :( , will it be able to handle the power of a turbo? If not, is there anything I can do to make it be able to handle the extra power? So what's the max torque the auto box can handle?

thx!

[ 03-01-2002: Message edited by: withoutme ]

spoolinmp3 said:
You are looking at about 3-4k for a full turbo system. Then if you want to pay someone to install it and tune it thats about $500-$1000. Then you will need a clutch $400 + install. Then you might as well get an exhuast because backpressure for turbos is not good! add another $400-500 to the mix. And as apexistud stated you will need gauges...boost and air/fuel and EGT would not be a bad idea neither so thats another $100 + EGT gauge $200.
Total cost for one bad ass turboed MP3 = approx:$5300.00

Is it the same figure for the Protege 5's out there.

Back