*HELP* Right headlight won't turn on :(

XxAlexX27

:
2006 Mazda 3
So yea my right headlight wont turn on... already tried different bulbs nothing and also checked for blown fuses and no, they're good. any ideas? or know anyone around the area that can take a look. thanks!

Use a multi meter to verify that there is or isn't power..

It takes Positive and Ground to make a bulb glow.

Perhaps your ground is busted..

Use a multi meter to verify that there is or isn't power..

It takes Positive and Ground to make a bulb glow.

Perhaps your ground is busted..

This is the way to go. A multimeter will run you about $20.

As mentioned you will probably need a multimeter or a test lamp to lacate the problem. Some additional
information may help. Are high and low beams not working? If both are dead the problem is probably
in the ground circuit. There is a fuse for each filament. Ground is common for both filaments.

There are two relays, one for both high beams and the other for bothe low beams. since your left light
is working the relays are probably good.

To troubleshoot. Use a multimeter to check for voltage (12 volts) on each filament at the light socket.
Lights should be on high beam for voltage on the high beam filament and low beams for voltage on the
other filament. If bothhave 12 volts when the lights are on and appropriate beam is on check the ground
wire at the bulb socket with your meter. If the ground has several volts (headlights on) the ground is
open or has a high resistance.

When you find the wrong or no voltage you have to trace the wiring to to find the problem.

Clifton

If both have voltage, check

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem with my 04 Mazda3s. The driver side low beams work but thats it. All fog lamps, high beams, and passenger side low beams. I took the voltage meter to them and all the driver side is getting power but the passenger side isn't. Any ideas?

One idea is that the ground return wire for that circuit is corroded from salt/etc. You've got to find out where that circuit returns to gnd. Probably somewhere in the engine compartment exposed to the weather.

Back