Help! Paint Quality Question

Sorry for the delay. Yes, the dealer had a second look at the car with an official Mazda paint "engineer". They felt it is a random thing and not a major recall concern. At one point they even slightly suggested it was of foreign material that we ran into! The Mrs and I got furious, walked out of there to consider other options. In the end, they will get the car back soon and supposedly will replace the hood and paint the top area. Will keep you all advised of any further updates.

My personal experience with the paint on this car:

Neighbors let their kid play with a fishing pole which resulted in him scratching my drivers side rear door 3 hours after we brought it home (if that)...buffed out by dealer

Went down a dirt trail to go camping, and some very flimsy limbs barely touched the side of the car, and left scuffs in the clear...have been buffed out with a lot of effort

Retarded cousin put my baby's car seat with him in it on the hood and scratched the #$@* out of it...going to take it to the shop that buffed the first scratch out and see what they quote me to repair it; also thought of just putting 3M carbon-fiber vinyl over the entire hood and calling it good, but wifey doesn't like that idea

Back