HELP-Deal ends today...Do I take it?

kec87

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
Hi everyone,

I am a total stress case and can not decide what to do. I think I have a very good deal in front of me but I am reluctant to pull the trigger. Currently looking at a 2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Jet Black with Parchment interior. No tech package. MSRP: $31,350
I drove the car a few days ago and fell in love. I will be leasing the car if I take it. Lease terms are 36 months with 12k a year. I got the dealer down to $335 inc. tax per month with $1,000 down including all fees and taxes. I shopped around the past few days and can not find anything similar. They had the GT listed on their website as a memorial day special for $185/m with $3,000 down plus $1,400 in taxes and fees. (10k miles, not 12k) My calculations show $326 with $3400 rolled into monthly payments of $185.

What should I do? My "comfort zone" is $325 a month with $1,000 down. Thanks everyone. Kate

Last edited:
Not sure why you want to put this off (I never lease cars and am of the opinion that there is no such thing as a "good lease" unless you can write the whole thing off), but nothing is going to change for the dealer between today, tomorrow or next week. The "deal ends today" thing is meant to pressure you into acting sooner than later.

Leasing is the best option for me at this time in my life. I am on my fourth lease. I have a 2013 Honda currently and the lease is up July 24th. I passed on the deal the other day because I figured I may as well get the most of my current lease and go back to Mazda in July. I am not sure when the 2017's will be arriving but I hope that they still have the car that I am interested in. Thanks for your help

Hi everyone,

I am a total stress case and can not decide what to do. I think I have a very good deal in front of me but I am reluctant to pull the trigger. Currently looking at a 2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Jet Black with Parchment interior. No tech package. MSRP: $31,350
I drove the car a few days ago and fell in love. I will be leasing the car if I take it. Lease terms are 36 months with 12k a year. I got the dealer down to $335 inc. tax per month with $1,000 down including all fees and taxes. I shopped around the past few days and can not find anything similar. They had the GT listed on their website as a memorial day special for $185/m with $3,000 down plus $1,400 in taxes and fees. (10k miles, not 12k) My calculations show $326 with $3400 rolled into monthly payments of $185.

What should I do? My "comfort zone" is $325 a month with $1,000 down. Thanks everyone. Kate

I never lease a car before, my last car shopping the dealership give me 30,500 for a grand touring cx-5 outdoor price. I still think that is too high, so I took the touring trim. I don't think you get a good deal anyway, don't push yourself to take this deal. No end of sale day for dealership, just wait for it. They are in rush than you, trust me.

No Tech Package, no deal ... :)

as an owner of a 2016.5 GT with tech I gotta say I loooooove the LED heads so crisp and nice. Also random note, check out the meteor gray vs the black if you're ocd about keeping it clean :). In terms of your deal it seems just about average, be ready to walk away from any dealer and they will eventually get you a better deal.

I agree with everyone else....deal sounds very average to me. 2016 GT AWD, Black, Tech Package+I Active, Roof Rails, Privacy Cover 32.5K (and I still felt like I left something on the table) should have demanded the parking sensors...

I never lease a car before, my last car shopping the dealership give me 30,500 for a grand touring cx-5 outdoor price. I still think that is too high, so I took the touring trim. I don't think you get a good deal anyway, don't push yourself to take this deal. No end of sale day for dealership, just wait for it. They are in rush than you, trust me.

Total agreement. A lease is always a bad deal. I would keep what you have or buy what you can afford now (no payments) then bank the $325 a month until you have enough for someone else off lease car. Then keep banking $325 for the next car. No more car payments ever is a really good feeling.

Not sure why you want to put this off (I never lease cars and am of the opinion that there is no such thing as a "good lease" unless you can write the whole thing off), but nothing is going to change for the dealer between today, tomorrow or next week. The "deal ends today" thing is meant to pressure you into acting sooner than later.

Seriously, do you actually think when you come back the next day they will refuse to sell it for that price? I'm with Paris1. I used to sell cars for a living. The only time that ploy works is when the price is so good, or the vehicle so rare, that it's going to sell before you return. I ran into that when I was buying the 370Z I bought. They literally sold before they hit American waters, and if they didn't, they lasted less than half an hour in the dealer network. So yes, I've bought with the "If you don't want it at this price (MSRP), someone else will *looked at watch*" and yeah, they were being legit, I'm annoyed to say, lol

Thanks, everyone! I have decided to wait until my lease is up with Honda. Come July, I will get myself into a brand new Cx-5.

Thanks, everyone! I have decided to wait until my lease is up with Honda. Come July, I will get myself into a brand new Cx-5.

I still recommend CPO for vehicles like these. It's not like a sports car where someone burns the tires off and fries the clutch and the dealer cleans it up nice and pretty and you buy something rode hard and put away wet. But, everyone has their thing. I just got burned out on taking the 1st owner hit.

I still recommend CPO for vehicles like these. It's not like a sports car where someone burns the tires off and fries the clutch and the dealer cleans it up nice and pretty and you buy something rode hard and put away wet. But, everyone has their thing. I just got burned out on taking the 1st owner hit.

Well this is embarrassing. I agree with Unobtanium.

:)

But I've always wanted a brand new vehicle, sometime even special order one just to get exactly what I want. You never know how the previous owner treated the car, and CPO means nothing as it can't catch anything, other than sometimes a better warranty offered. Of course the depreciation hit by the first owner is the price we'd pay for.

:)

But I've always wanted a brand new vehicle, sometime even special order one just to get exactly what I want. You never know how the previous owner treated the car, and CPO means nothing as it can't catch anything, other than sometimes a better warranty offered. Of course the depreciation hit by the first owner is the price we'd pay for.
Honestly, new means nothing, either. My new 370Z had brake issues and was a PITA. My used CX-5 (rental car, even) has been flawless except for water ingestion of the diff, which in no way was related to being used. Really, if you're buying a sports car, it is ARGUABLE, MAYBE, but for a CUV? I find the argument difficult to make for "new".

*I have owned used sports cars, too. No issues to report from them being used. One I bought with over 140K miles on it. Was a great car!

CPO=MUCH BETTER WARRANTY. And much less "initial hit". For the price of what? "Wondering how it was treated..."

What could really have been done to a CUV in 20-30K miles that would just absolutely trash it? Short of pouring sand into the oil-fill tube, I honestly can't think of anything, and we are talking a 2015/2016, so I bet you can find a CPO that hasn't had it's second oil change yet.

I bought a Z06 and a 370Z brand new. The Z06 came with perks. Racing instructor, and factory visit, but the 370Z? No. And it had issues, too. I, too, "wanted to buy a new car". Mainly because I grew up relatively poor (food stamps, /gov housing, etc. at points), and a "New Car" was kindof like living in a real house. It was what rich people could afford to do! So...I did it. Twice. It was worth it to me as a right of passage into middle-class-America, but beyond that, it really was wasteful with no return.

CPO=MUCH BETTER WARRANTY. And much less "initial hit". For the price of what? "Wondering how it was treated..."

What could really have been done to a CUV in 20-30K miles that would just absolutely trash it? Short of pouring sand into the oil-fill tube, I honestly can't think of anything, and we are talking a 2015/2016, so I bet you can find a CPO that hasn't had it's second oil change yet.
There was a new member here bought a CPO CX-5 with 20K+ miles. He was asking why the seatbelt or SCBS light is on intermittently and dealer couldn't fix it. He found a service receipt and called previous owner. It turned out that CX-5 involved a front-end collision and the seatbelt/SCBS light issue couldn't get fixed by the same dealer. The Mazda dealer fixing and sold the "CPOed" CX-5 had never mentioned the accident and fixed the problem.

I always have suspicion that why people want to trade-in or sell a 20K-mile vehicle unless there's some issues either very annoying or unresolvable.

Of course to each his own otherwise we either have unsellable used cars or whole bunch of new cars nobody wants.

Thanks! I originally thought I wanted the meteor gray until I saw the black. 😏 The dealer has been in touch with me. Do you know what a reasonable lease price would be for the GT AWD or GT with tech? I don't want to say, "$300 with $1,000 down including all taxes and fees) (my comfort zone) when I could have gotten it for less. However, I had a hard time getting it down to $335 with 1k down last week.

There was a new member here bought a CPO CX-5 with 20K+ miles. He was asking why the seatbelt or SCBS light is on intermittently and dealer couldn't fix it. He found a service receipt and called previous owner. It turned out that CX-5 involved a front-end collision and the seatbelt/SCBS light issue couldn't get fixed by the same dealer. The Mazda dealer fixing and sold the "CPOed" CX-5 had never mentioned the accident and fixed the problem.

I always have suspicion that why people want to trade-in or sell a 20K-mile vehicle unless there's some issues either very annoying or unresolvable.

Of course to each his own otherwise we either have unsellable used cars or whole bunch of new cars nobody wants.

I believe that Carfax offers buyback for such instances. He should have gotten a Carfax on it.

Back