Heat Wrap a Header

oh well I'll just heat wrap it, if it cracks I'll weld it up, who cares, I'm a welder =p

honestly I want to heat wrap it for the look, and the heat dissapation in the engine bay.

Yeah we are probably being a little overly cautious...Overall it may decrease the serive life of the header without repairs...meaning it may last 60,000miles rather than 100,000miles or something without cracking...And if you can weld it then you are pretty much set...

tested the wrap on my CAI, I'm liking it a lot, looks great, was worried about it matching with the red, but ended up looking great. Can't wait to do the header. I'll get pics when I have a camera, which means sometime during christmas, lol

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the header wrap finally, got my friend to take the pic, thanks Hellcat
attachment.php

Emode said:
how are the underhoods temps?
notice any changes?
I can drive around for four hours, jump out of the car while the engine is running, and grab a hold of the header, and not burn my hand at all. Talk about a reduction in temps. Underhood temps is now something close to 10 degrees more than ambient. Best part is now I can work under the hood while the header is hot and I wont ever burn myself if I touch it on accident

Equinox said:
I can drive around for four hours, jump out of the car while the engine is running, and grab a hold of the header, and not burn my hand at all. Talk about a reduction in temps. Underhood temps is now something close to 10 degrees more than ambient. Best part is now I can work under the hood while the header is hot and I wont ever burn myself if I touch it on accident
Ive noticed the AWR header doesnt get as hot as others (headers). I can run the car all day and be able to tap on the header. I tried that on the cavy header and burned that s*** out of my hand (evil)

flat_black said:
Looks like you have a little gap on the second runner in from the right... Might want to adjust the wrapping a bit. =)
I know what you are talking about, and it's intentional, and negligible.

Back