Headrest DVD

ellykay

We want a sunroof and DVD, which of course, is not possible unless we do aftermarket DVDs. Does anyone have a brand they recommend? Is the sound quality good? The sunroof is not a huge deal, but if I can swing it, I want it. And, with 3 kids, some headrest DVDs would sure be nice to have , instead of them fighting over a movie.

We want a sunroof and DVD, which of course, is not possible unless we do aftermarket DVDs. Does anyone have a brand they recommend? Is the sound quality good? The sunroof is not a huge deal, but if I can swing it, I want it. And, with 3 kids, some headrest DVDs would sure be nice to have , instead of them fighting over a movie.

If you want top of the line, look at the Rosen DVD headrests. They are factory matched to your vehicle, packed with features, and probably the best screen resolution of any you can buy. We considered them after we bought ours. That said, we didn't end up getting them. We chose to buy both kids their own portable dvd player that they can put on their laps during long trips. Our kids are 4 and 6, so they can use them pretty well without trouble. Much younger than 4, and you probably need to strap it to the headrest and get it going for them, but that's really not a big deal as most soft cases allow for that. I really like the Rosens, but for the $2000+ installed it would have cost to have them installed, it ultimately wasn't worth it for us. You can pay $200 for very nice portable DVD player, get the same effect, take them in another vehicle or into your destination (hotel, condo, etc.). Just thought I'd share my experience on this. The allure of the headrest dvd player is pretty enticing, and it is quite convenient, but I am glad I thought about it for a while first and didn't pull the trigger right away. However, if money is no object, I'd say go for it, and get the Rosens!

i bought the headrest from onfair.com, they are the only ones i seen that actually has speakers built in, my 2 yr old needs a speaker since she cannot use the headphones yet and they are inexpensive compared to Rosens, i bought mine for 285 pair 9" screens, hope this helps

Back