Headlight factory plastic cover

JoeSakic19

Contributor
:
2014 Mazda3 GS + 2013 CX-5 Touring.
Hi.. I need to find the serial number of the factory headlight plastic cover of the 2.. Some jackass made a hole with a flathead screwdriver in it... Yeah some people dont have any class....

I really hope I can just buy the cover and do not have to purshase a whole new headlight.....

Thanks

Hi.. I need to find the serial number of the factory headlight plastic cover of the 2.. Some jackass made a hole with a flathead screwdriver in it... Yeah some people dont have any class....

I really hope I can just buy the cover and do not have to purshase a whole new headlight.....

Thanks

Very sad to hear that. Some people...

I'm not sure if you can just buy the plastic cover by itself or not but what you can do is call or go into your Mazda 2 dealer's parts shop and ask. They will give you a product number as well as the price for a replacement.

Last edited:
I feel your pain...I get more door dings on purpose than any other car Ive had. These guys must not be happy in their life to do such idiotic things.

screwed, unless you can get your insurance to cover it. you will have to replace the whole assembly.

Its in the upper part of the headlight.. I think eyelids would cover it...Damn

even if you covered it with eyelids, it won't be weatherproof. without being sealed from the elements, the headlight will not last and will soon look like crap inside.

Check to make sure. vandalism may not increase rates.

if just a small hole, how about using a clear 5 Minute Epoxy?

John

Well those headlights are freaking expensive. If your comprehensive decuctible is 250 or less then i say go thru insurance or start searching ebay or check out this.

www.car-parts.com

This will search all the junk yards that have an online inventory and most will ship if you call them. Then just take the part to the dealer to install or do yourself. Just make sure to read the descriptions as alot of places will sell lights with broken tabs and that isn't really good.

Check to make sure. vandalism may not increase rates.

I know in MD even a collision claim that we pay less than $750 for will probably not make the rates go up. Comp claims such as vandalism and deer hits almost never do, unless you have a million comp claims a year. But I just looked up the headlights on car-part.com and they are only around $200 each. So unless you have a $0 ded you might as well order one yourself.

You should message Ebay seller Otocarparts and ask him how much a headlight would cost. I asked him how much it would cost for "JDM" tailights and he created an ad with the tailights for me. His shipping is very reasonable and is very fast to Canada.

I stopped by my local Mazda dealer today and found out the official price of the US 2011-12 Mazda2 stock headlights.

$315.00 Each

Part Numbers -

Price isn't crazy expensive but still some good coin. You can find the Headlights on eBay UK as well for much cheaper. Although shipping will be expensive and will probably cost you more then if you just bought a brand new one here in the US. You're only other option is to buy used ones, but you'll have to find them first.

Latest posts

Back