has this ever happened to your roof rack

:
02 Mazda P5
Wuts up guys have the weirdest thing that has happened to my roof rack. For some strange reason my roof rack has craked on both sides around the same spot, on each side. Has this happened to anybody or is this a non issue.

20130526_140925_zps68d4c0c4.jpg

20130526_140937_zpse9600d61.jpg

Mine did that exact same thing.

Do you actually use the roof rack? I tied something down just a tad too tight - and it cracked like that.

No, I have never used It at all dont have anything to tie down. It started with one side a small hair line crack then a big ass crack. Then months later the other side started doing the same thing. What did u do in ur case.
Mine did that exact same thing.

Do you actually use the roof rack? I tied something down just a tad too tight - and it cracked like that.

...left it.

I've since not hauled anything on it and will probably be removing it soon and thus eliminating it all together.

So I went to the local mazda stealership, and you wont believe the crazy ass prices they quoted. They told me one side was for $490 and the other side was $505. My jaw just dropped to the floor, so I decided to just buy the stock molding and purchase an aftermarket roof rack.

So I went to the local mazda stealership, and you wont believe the crazy ass prices they quoted. They told me one side was for $490 and the other side was $505. My jaw just dropped to the floor, so I decided to just buy the stock molding and purchase an aftermarket roof rack.

Where did you get the stock molding? Part #?

Here is a data sheet of all the pieces and part numbers.
Part# for stock molding without roof rack.
BJ3D-50-9H0E right
BJ3D-50-9L0E left
This also shows the window sills,side skirts and other stuff.

20130605_210728_zps29f922ea.jpg

I'm pretty sure you'll have to remove the headliner to put that in. Am hoping I won't have to do that with the molding w/roof racks.

Thanks.

Here is a data sheet of all the pieces and part numbers.
Part# for stock molding without roof rack.
BJ3D-50-9H0E right
BJ3D-50-9L0E left
This also shows the window sills,side skirts and other stuff.

You'll have to pull the headliner to remve it or install it. Not to sure on just the molding, doesn't show any screws or bolts on the moldings.

Back