Has anyone sold there CX-9?..How much?

I was wondering has anyone sold / traded in ther CX-9? How much have you gotten for it?

I was thinking of getting ride of it, but I would like to know realistic price.

I know I can go to KBB etc. But I find that it's really unrealistic.. Everytime i've gone to trade my cars in, it's not worth as much as the kbb says it is.

Thanks

2007 Mazda CX-9 AWD GT with 14k miles RED Grey Interior
RED Grey Interior
Towing package
Navi System
Moon Roof

Last edited:
Hey I was the Gm of a dealership for several years I can help here. Dealers will NEVER EVER use Kbb. That is what insurance companies use to gauge the amout your car can be replaced for. Dealers will look at a wholesale value. So for good measure take Kbb and knock off 3-5 grand depending on your market.

Hope that helps.

Yours has very low mileage.
If I were you, I would sell it myself.
Price it reasonably (KBB private/good, minus 5%), and it will go faster.

+1

I recently sold my 08 Altima to a private party for $20500. I paid $22500 a year ago. There's no way I would have gotten anywhere near that if I traded it in.

List it on autotrader around the KBB private party price and be patient.

Yeah, don't go dealer trade-in or you will lose out on several thousand dollars. I sold my previous 2001 car, which the dealer offered $1800 for, for $4500 on Craigslist. I came up with the price based on similar mileage/equipped cars of the same make/model listed on autotrader and the kbb private party price. It sold within 4 days and I got my asking price because it was reasonably prices. DO a search on autotrader for 2007 CX9s and see what people/dealers are listing them for.

I work at a Honda dealership in Illinois and just picked up a 2008 cx-9 touring FWD with bose, moonroof, and remote start with 15k miles. We gave $22k for trade value, and I bought for $22,500 after inspection and detail. I love it! Hope this helps.

Thanks... then min should be a little more since it has AWD....

I work at a Honda dealership in Illinois and just picked up a 2008 cx-9 touring FWD with bose, moonroof, and remote start with 15k miles. We gave $22k for trade value, and I bought for $22,500 after inspection and detail. I love it! Hope this helps.

Forgot to mention.. AWD

I would guess that should add about $1000 to $1500 to its trade value. Maybe more if they want a deal bad enough. Give CARMAX a try, they beat our appraisals alot. U dont even have to buy a car there. But, you will loose the tax credit here in IL. My Car would have sold here for about $25,500, give or take.

Back