Has anyone seen a rotary Miata conversion??

Which motor did they use??

I've heard that a 13b fits right in there no problem. And that 13b turbos are a little tough.

it had a 93 13B-REW engine with single turbo etc etc etc. saw it at the drag strip! my mom has a miata i told her i'm gonna do that to her car LOL

woo! I'm a little late on this one...

Vos, I know we have discussed the tranny hookup of the rotary miata before..I have still received no enlightenment from anyone...
:confused:

Stutter, I want to put a rotary in my miata. woo-hoo!!! The 13B-REW is the third gen RX-7 motor. exciting... Ever heard a rotary w/o mufflers??

i'm 99% sure all the rotary miata's are out there have rx7 transmissions with a custom driveshaft to mate to the miata rear end

if you really want i'll ask the guy that helped build the one i saw at the track. i saw his new project the other day when i picked up my new engine for my TII. a 20B in a FD! can't wait to see that car run :D

I thought some had the Rex-7 back ends...Still with a custom shaft 'cause of length, but a slightly modified Rex rear end. For the stock LSD.

Although, it would make more sense to keep the Miater rear, and toss in an aftermarket LSD if you don't have the factory piece. Then get the custom drive shaft.

the only prob is that the miata rear end isn't made to handle a whole lot of power...

I don't know about that...Look at the Flyin' Miata project cars and tell me what you think...Those cars are puttin' down some pretty nice numbers...

Of course, I always forget to see if the rear end has aftermarket goodies in it.

that's true...I have heard the big boys who run 200+ hp have to change it though...I guess an N/A rotary wouldn't be pushing it too far though...:D

I guess I'll just have to try to find a cheap 1st gen Miater and then find a nice 13b to put in there and see what happens.

StuttersC said:
I guess I'll just have to try to find a cheap 1st gen Miater and then find a nice 13b to put in there and see what happens.
There ya go!! It's definately been done...lemme see if I can find some pix...

Back