Happy Endings- P&P ECU extension, S pipe, A pillars

Status
Not open for further replies.

just_B

:
Lava Orange
*Need to pickup a MAF* let's work out something

Ok, so I have some stuff that I didn't end up needing/using.
Shipping will be included for Continental US

First up is a P&P ECU extension for a Protege ECU- $150 shipped

The pins are crimped AND soldered using BMW crimps that are used for airbag wiring, so these are solid. Alone I have $55 in crimps. Some pins need moved, just pull out and put in hole, compare with you're body harness.

I have 2 a pillar pods, one is a 60mm dual and one is a 52mm Autometer triple pod, new.
I have paint that matches the interior, so I can throw a coat on if you'd like for another 5

Dual pillar-30
Triple - 40

Last is an S pipe, I originally had a midpipe with j and was going to put this on, but ended up changing my exhaust around. Was cracked on a weld, but welded it, now happy ending =D

Sold

paypal bkshearer@gmail.com

Extension - 150 shipped
Dual Pillar - 30 shipped (add 5 for paint)
Triple Pillar - 40 shipped (add 5 for paint)
S pipe - Sold

* I am not responsible if you call one of those numbers lol

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    971.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    689.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
pics of harness in work

Forgot to mention the harness connector is filled with silicone where connections were made to avoid any contact ever happening

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    740.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    1,014.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    995.7 KB · Views: 113
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does this mate up to the MSP ECU too?

no

this guy is a good guy. ive seen all these pieces in person. and he does great electrical work

It mates to the ECU, the issue is the body side harness.

And it's a Corksport S pipe, forgot to mention

Thanks cheese for the support

It plugs in, but pin out is different

I am having difficulty understanding this.

Both the regular Protege and the MSP have 104 pin connectors.

If this is an extension harness that plugs in to the ECU then the body side should plug in to the extension as well...

BTW P5 and MSP, is the same pinout....

Unless I have a special msp the pinout is different. Everything plugs in, np. All I did was desolder an ecu connector, then cut x amount behind ecu body connector from harness from a p5 and solder the ecu connector to it sir. I haven't looked into what the pins are for frankly because I was frustrated after seeing a pin difference cause the extension wasn't made overnight. I'm working with what's in front of me and my visual comparison. If someone wants to try it out on their MSP go for it, it'll plug in. But I'm just being up front and saying that the pins are not the same on MY harness when compared to my MSP.

Unless I have a special msp the pinout is different. Everything plugs in, np. All I did was desolder an ecu connector, then cut x amount behind ecu body connector from harness from a p5 and solder the ecu connector to it sir. I haven't looked into what the pins are for frankly because I was frustrated after seeing a pin difference cause the extension wasn't made overnight. I'm working with what's in front of me and my visual comparison. If someone wants to try it out on their MSP go for it, it'll plug in. But I'm just being up front and saying that the pins are not the same on MY harness when compared to my MSP.

Right. The differences you will notice between the MSP and P5 are that the MSP will have less wires. The MSP Harness has no Cruise Control wires, , A/T or Sportshift wires, if the P5 were equipped that way. As far as the ECU in concerned the pinout are the same for power, sensors, injectors, coils, etc...

So your extension will indeed work on an MSP...

And back to square one, this ecu extension does NOT have the same pin out as my msp, my harness has more in different spots (body msp). Just telling everyone what I have in front of me....

where did you buy the connectors for the extension? ive been considering trying to DIY a project like this myself... i feel like i read once-upon-a-time theyre Denso connectors, but that hasnt helped me in finding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back