Handling during acceleration

Hello,
My model is 2022 touring plus which is awd standard. The car pulls left and right during acceleration as if it’s only fwd.
I originally had tires balancing issue and over inflation and it was fixed by dealer - got much better handling at speeds then before but now it’s weird that during acceleration it doesn’t handle as awd vehicle.
Is everyone else experiencing the same?

I have a 2018 awd and it does the same (but only during hard acceleration). There are two things with the CX-9, the torque happens at very low rpm and comes in too quickly for the awd to transfer it to the rear before torque steer happen. And it is very fwd biased in normal weather and driving conditions.

In winter on the snow, the car “knows” it needs more power to the rear and i generally don’t have that issue at all. But in the summer on dry road I do have prominent torque steer if i floor it.

The awd system is very different from Audi. It is a lot more FWD biased, meaning that it is fwd until there is slip at the front. In normal driving it shouldn’t really be pulling, but this engine is very strong at low rpm, so anything above mid-throttle can make the front pull and introduce some torque steer.

All that to say, i think it is normal to not feel like the Audi, but if the torque steer is very present at mid to low throttle then there might be an issue.

Hello,
My model is 2022 touring plus which is awd standard. The car pulls left and right during acceleration as if it’s only fwd.
I originally had tires balancing issue and over inflation and it was fixed by dealer - got much better handling at speeds then before but now it’s weird that during acceleration it doesn’t handle as awd vehicle.
Is everyone else experiencing the same?
Might try turning off the TCS (traction control system) Not sure if it’ll help, but it might. The cars I had in the 70’s and 80’s didn’t have TCS and I don’t remember having issues like that. See what happens and report back.

Back