gteperformance "chip" modules

dmac13

:
2001 Mazda Protege ES 2.0 Special Edition N/A
Hi I'm new to the forum as a user but have been browsing for a couple years, using this forum to help with my car.anyways I have been looking for a chip for my naturally aspirated protege, not enough power. And I came across www.performancechiptuning.com and there stage 2 chip is on sale for 139.99 vs 199.99 which comes with a engine bay and 02 sensor module. I made a bit of a gamble by buying it but ill let everyone know how it works. Anyone else have any luck finding one that works? Thanks

Last edited:
I would pass i never heard of them and it could give you no extra power or even damage your car.Whens the last time it had a tune up?I would start there then cold air intake and exhaust will free up some power.

andrew is right. those things are bulls***. youre gonna put it on and be like :"oh yeah i got power from this" because thats what you want to think. they are usually resistors and they do absolutely nothing for your car. you just threw away money bro. ask for a refund and but a mazda protege mp3 ecu. that gives you exactly 10 hp.

that site just made me laugh...that is the cheesiest looking product in the world, not to mention there is no way to get 20-40hp from a protege n/a without some serious mods, the ecu runs a bit rich, but not that much. The "dyno" graphs are a joke. Any reputable company thats sells a chip/ems for any car will show you a real dyno sheet not something made in ms paint. "stops flatspots and throttle response" ummmm are they saying u will no longer have throttle response...great..

/rant

I would try and return it and just say you bought it for a present for a friend and he ended up selling his car. Take the $130 and put it away in savings.

Almost no one makes chips anymore because its easier and cheaper to build a tuner.If i bought a chip it wouldn't be from someone i never heard of.Ajkulish where you getting a super charger from ?

Not to come down on you, but did you check the site out before you bought that "performance" chip? $95 dollars for a set of Iridium spark plugs? electric superchargers? Cancel your order if you can. That performance chip won't do jack s*** for you,except teach you a invaluable lesson. $139 is a small price to pay for that kind of knowledge.I'd go with a MP3 ECU like said, followed by a tune up without the iridiums.

Almost no one makes chips anymore because its easier and cheaper to build a tuner.If i bought a chip it wouldn't be from someone i never heard of.Ajkulish where you getting a super charger from ?

a mercedes clk 230 kompressor

Back