Grinding noise on new OEM brake/rotors (2018 CX-5)

Yes. I found out the dealership "OEM" brakes they installed were the Mazda value brand and they are notorious for making grinding sounds due to it being a cheaper material. I found this out by calling a different dealership and asking them about it and that dealership said they stop carrying that particular pad due to all the customer complaints. I file a complaint to my dealership who installed the original pads and they told me I had to pay for the premium OEM pads then which I did and the noise went away.
So the dealer charged you for two sets of pads and labor? It doesn't sound good. Stop going to that dealer.

So the dealer charged you for two sets of pads and labor? It doesn't sound good. Stop going to that dealer.
I asked to pay to difference of the MV pads from the premium pads (real OEM) and they said no but didn't charge me for labor for the premium pad install. The MV pad from mazdaswag was half the price from what this dealership charged me. Even without charging me for labor, they came out on top....

I asked to pay to difference of the MV pads from the premium pads (real OEM) and they said no but didn't charge me for labor for the premium pad install. The MV pad from mazdaswag was half the price from what this dealership charged me. Even without charging me for labor, they came out on top....
Online prices will always be cheaper, especially here in NYC where the dealers charge 150% of MSRP. Even if mazdaswag is half price, you needed someone to install the parts so look at it that way. Labor for one axle probably is about one hour, if it's done correctly with cleaning and fresh brake lube. Did they give you the MV pads they took off? You paid for them.

Would you care to name this dealer so other people can avoid them? It's not defamation if you have the receipts and proof. You might also want to contact Mazda national customer service and perhaps they can do something to maintain customer loyalty.

For me ,at this point, regarding MV line of anything, why even bother. Don't need the expense to get unneeded surprises.
Yeah the whole idea of OEM “Value” maintenance parts by Mazda is a joke! This’s another unique “innovation” by Mazda who is in fond of innovations.

Online prices will always be cheaper, especially here in NYC where the dealers charge 150% of MSRP. Even if mazdaswag is half price, you needed someone to install the parts so look at it that way. Labor for one axle probably is about one hour, if it's done correctly with cleaning and fresh brake lube. Did they give you the MV pads they took off? You paid for them.

Would you care to name this dealer so other people can avoid them? It's not defamation if you have the receipts and proof. You might also want to contact Mazda national customer service and perhaps they can do something to maintain customer loyalty.
I went to mazda mesquite in Dallas. I understand your point in reimbursing the dealership for installing the brake pads. That would be under installation cost for labor. So I am paying 2 hour labor cost plus 150%+ cost of parts versus online pricing which is probably marked up quite a bit to begin with. I contacted corporate Mazda customer service but all they did was hear me complain and tell me it is up to the discretion of the dealership. None of them believed me when I told them the noise was from MV pads and wouldn't entertain me on swapping it out. I told them after having the premium pads installed they didn't say anything or admit to any wrong doing. I have been driving on the premium pads for a few months and it works like a champ...aka how brakes are supposed to.

I went to mazda mesquite in Dallas. I understand your point in reimbursing the dealership for installing the brake pads. That would be under installation cost for labor. So I am paying 2 hour labor cost plus 150%+ cost of parts versus online pricing which is probably marked up quite a bit to begin with. I contacted corporate Mazda customer service but all they did was hear me complain and tell me it is up to the discretion of the dealership. None of them believed me when I told them the noise was from MV pads and wouldn't entertain me on swapping it out. I told them after having the premium pads installed they didn't say anything or admit to any wrong doing. I have been driving on the premium pads for a few months and it works like a champ...aka how brakes are supposed to.
2 hours labor for one axle is ridiculous. I don't know how far you want to take it since it's been so long ago, but once I posted a complaint on Google reviews, and the dealer call me and corrected their mistake. The dealership mechanic spilled fresh oil all over my engine compartment, which prior to that was spotless.

Back