Got my "clunck" noise fixed

but why settle for a MP3 if you can make them give you a MSP???

Probably because the MSP's are starting to complain about clunking noises in the trunk:rolleyes: Damn i love using that smiles:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Poly bushings make things clunk, it is a known fact. They stiffen up your suspension and require lubrication. It is not damaging the car in any way. It may be tough on your ears, but it's not like your transmission exploded.

If the dealership does anything for you and it makes it go away then be happy, it's just like saying "My car squeaks going over bumps".. do you think they are going to take the car back and give you a new one?

Calm down everyone, the clunk just needs TLC.

I am very sorry but I did not sign up for having to lube my bushings every 500 miles nor replace bushings every month - there is a design flaw. No, take that back the (Racing Beat) design was fine but the implementation bad. If you read a little deeper into these threads you'd see that often they still make sounds as soon as fixed and that left alone the *rubber* bushings deterioate.

And, yes, this is exactly the sort of thing that recalls and lemons are all about.

what Turboge obviously doesn't realise is this. When you're bushings breakdown, it puts extra stress on the sway bar...This in turn transfers over to your endlinks. Because of this, i've had to replace my rear endlinks twice. So there's no way you can tell us that it ain't causing any damage....Believe me when I say this Turboge, you'll learn to really hate your car when you have to go into your dealership everytime your car clunks, because if you let it go, this is exactly what will happen....we're just a very unlucky group of people:(

my clunk has been getting worse latley it comes from both sides and is extreamly noticable. Now im just waiting for this mazda district rep to come to my dealer. Its taking him forever, they wont fix the same problem the third time without the rep looking at it.

Every state is different but generally 3 or 4 attempts to fix the same problem means that according to the Lemon Laws you have the right to a replacement or a refund. Make sure you have everything documented.

what Turboge obviously doesn't realise is this. When you're bushings breakdown, it puts extra stress on the sway bar...This in turn transfers over to your endlinks. Because of this, i've had to replace my rear endlinks twice. So there's no way you can tell us that it ain't causing any damage....Believe me when I say this Turboge, you'll learn to really hate your car when you have to go into your dealership everytime your car clunks, because if you let it go, this is exactly what will happen....we're just a very unlucky group of people:(

This is so true. I'm from Trinidad.............where the worst roads in the world exist!!! I own a 1.6 ZM Protege brought in from singapore. It's now doing 61k kM's and i've had it since 22k kM. I've already changed cradle(control arm) bushings six times and i'm now getting the 'trunk clunk'.
This is really fustrating. Mazda sensors die b4 corolla's, their transmission is really weak, they can't build a engine that stays in the low RPM range to save fuel..........last but not least...........they have fooled us all with their 'sporty' suspension, it's an engineering failure.
I can't get up on a curb and not feel the control arm bushings being stretched to their limits, then finally giving way next couple of months(deadhorse

Back