Goodbye P5, you will be missed.

Goodbye P5, you will be missed. The P5 was the best car I have ever owned. Handling was superb. This is the second P5 I've owned.

Finally sold the P5, she was running strong for 180,000 miles. She has a new home in NC now. I took one final drive to Charlotte to enjoy the P5 one last time. When I got home I started clicking around cars.com and almost brought another one.

New car is a 2011 Mazda 6 Grand Touring S. Already purchases a factory spoiler for it, and looking to buy KSport coil overs. Being that it is a much heavier car it doesn't handle like the P5, but due to limited mods for this car I will find what I can, try to customize the rest. The 3.7 hauls ass.

Last edited:
Sick!!! Congrats and bummer...P5 seem be really cheap lately, for some reason.. Maybe get another someday? What kind of mods did you do to your P5?

Thanks! Here is my old build thread below,

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ge99’s-Extremely-Slow-Build-Thread&highlight=

The P5 had these mods,

Custom Projectors
Yellow Speed Coilovers
Progress rear sway bar
Megan Racing trailing arms
AAC Wilwood SL6 BBK
Enkei PF01’s in silver - 16.6lbs with Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires
20% tint
Kenwood double din screen cd/dvd player

I ended up putting these on the P5 before selling it.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...utoModel=Protege+5&autoYear=2002&autoModClar=

I removed some mods and currently selling them in the for sale section. I seen a silver P5 that only had 40k miles recently. I was so very close to buying. I was debating between the G37X, LS2 GTO (Couldn't find one that wasn't abused.) Infiniti M35, and the Mazda 6. The Mazda 6 won.

Last edited:
I am soon to be in the same boat, selling my p5 in the next few weeks. On the plus side, I bought a GTI and couldn't be happier!

Thank you very much, getting ready to take the cover off of it and pull it out of hibernation soon. How are you liking the 6? I just installed heated seats in one today, seems like a pretty nice car.

Thank you very much, getting ready to take the cover off of it and pull it out of hibernation soon. How are you liking the 6? I just installed heated seats in one today, seems like a pretty nice car.

So far the 6 has been an amazing car. It took some time to adjust because I miss my P5. I went for a long drive recently and the car performs well. I have been putting together a list of mods for the 6.

I have a factory spoiler so far, going to get a Injen CAI. There is a local shop that can do a custom exhaust setup. I want something with a nice tone, but not too loud. 19inch wheels, coilovers, front big brake kit. Maybe tint.

I want to put 3000k hid bulbs in the fog lights but I don't know if that will look good or not. My main focus will be the cars handling first.

If I come across some money, I will try to attempt a custom supercharger setup. Since the Ford Cyclone V6 engines have aftermarket kits, I would research a way to get one to work on the 6. But that is a farfetched dream at this point.

Last edited:
Back