GI: 505 Intake Manifold Round 3

This GB is going to start in 2 weeks, so start getting your money ready. :)

A couple of updates:

The new main flange will still incorporate the fuel rail mounts machined in to eliminate any fitment issues and/or leaking.
Instead of a round to oval transition machined into the main flange, the runners and floor plate / velocity stacks will be oval.
The plenum will be thicker, but still the original style.

I am also toying with the idea of eliminating the EGR all together. Let me know if this is a deal breaker for any of you and I will re-visit the remote mounted design (will be more of an upcharge than the old EGR option was.

I am trying to find a local polisher that is reasonable, but powdercoated "super chrome" is going to be the stock finish.

Please let me know who is REALLY in now that we are getting so close. I am taking bids now on the machine work with the finished prints, and will have the exact final pricing once the rest of the bids are in. It is looking like it will be 899 a piece if we have a full batch of 20, but that might still go up or down slightly.

Any updates?

does anyone esle want their manifold black... need 1 more to make it happen for 5 of us..

1. Hammo (No EGR) Black
2. Protege3690
3. Turboj1 (BLACK no EGR)
4. Duren03msp (BLACK)
5. Destineal (EGR BLACK)
6. msp03micablack
7. TX Speed Demon
8. 1sicspeed ( no egr) Black
9. Paniaguae640
10. Stiki
11. Gabi
12. dizer
13. Ride0012*
14. mazda_sp20 - ready to pay in full (EGR)
15. jumaaneface
16. DOMO*
17. Junya1985(EGR)
18. mazdaastina1999
19. 03.5MSP (no EGR)
20. SSBryan (EGR)

could I actually get mine bare? I will soon be powder coating my own stuff and will choose a custom color.

my last question.

Will this plenum suit BJ's with RHD. For example Hammo and I are in Australia with RHD versions as the brake booster is located on the opposite side near the stock plenum
sp20turbo_0042.JPG

Mazda_sp20, the only possible problem I could see is the location of the brake booster line, but I imagine it still lines up. If not, it's an easy fix

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

my last question.

Will this plenum suit BJ's with RHD. For example Hammo and I are in Australia with RHD versions as the brake booster is located on the opposite side near the stock plenum

it should be fine Pete, i dont think its much longer than the stock im

I think they may be a possibility.

I should take another close up photo of the position of the stock plenum and the RHD brake booster

I don't think the RHD BB will be a problem, but if you want to PM me some closer up pics I can get that figured out 100% for you.

I need to find out who is 100% ready to go for this. I had some unexpected hospital bills come in, which wiped out the rest of my savings, so I am in a pretty bad spot on getting this going on my own for awhile. I don't have the funds to fully pay off the prints, which means I can't even get them to post a shot of the new flange and I also can't get one made to show it off.

I will send out PMs to everybody on the list later today and hopefully we can get enough pre-payments in to get things back up and rolling. If not, I'm in a world of hurt here, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Just to try and set your minds at ease about paying early, the assembly process on the new manifold is ultra simplified, so once we get the components machined, I am expecting a super fast turnaround time. It won't take several months like the first/second gen manifolds took.

Thanks guys.

-Rich

Edit to add - Yes deposits will work too. I will need half down (450) from pretty much everybody to get things fully rolling (prints, full proto, batch material). At that point I will need the remainder to get them out of the machine shop and over to assembly/welding/coating.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick replies fellas. I will update as I get more responses.

1. Hammo (No EGR) Black READY
2. Protege3690
3. Turboj1 (BLACK no EGR) READY
4. Duren03msp (BLACK)
5. Destineal (EGR BLACK) READY 5/23
6. msp03micablack
7. TX Speed Demon
8. 1sicspeed ( no egr) Black
9. Paniaguae640
10. Stiki
11. Gabi
12. dizer
13. Ride0012*
14. mazda_sp20 - ready to pay in full (EGR)
15. jumaaneface
16. DOMO*
17. Junya1985(EGR)
18. mazdaastina1999
19. 03.5MSP (no EGR)
20. SSBryan (EGR)

Few close up pics of the stock IM in a RHD car with brake booster and master cylinder on RHS
(excuse the leaky rocker cover gasket lol)

There should be heaps of room for the 505 IM

20140518_143058_HDR_zpsqnzjearh.jpg

20140518_143043_HDR_zpsgn5gab3t.jpg

20140518_143120_HDR_zpsfanf41z1.jpg

20140518_143236_zpslrdbwjsu.jpg

You're going to need to get someone who has a 505 IM and get them to snap some pics for you

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

yeah... how many 505 IM's do you think there would be in a RHD car... im going to say 0... maybe 1

I don't know of any yet. I will take some pics tomorrow for comparison. Looks to me like it will be fine, but can't tell 100% for sure.

Back