Fuel pump dies...

Zano

:
Mazda 3s Strato Blue 4-Door
Anyone ever have their fuel pump die on them? I own a 2005 MZ3s with 14500 miles, and the fuel pump just died. Thankfully it was still under warranty, but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Yeah I had mine replaced under warranty on my 04 around 10,000 miles. Bastards put 300 miles on my car over the weekend too.

know_no_limits said:
Yeah I had mine replaced under warranty on my 04 around 10,000 miles. Bastards put 300 miles on my car over the weekend too.

huh they did the same to mine... all my hard earned gas was gone :(

Zano said:
huh they did the same to mine... all my hard earned gas was gone :(

No s***??? Thats crazy. I wonder how much that happens. Many people probably don't record the mileage when they drop their car off, so they would never know the difference. Did you challenge them on it? I had two chew asses all they way to the top of the service department. The Manager still claimed it was a mistake in paperwork...but he gave me free service for a year...so he knew.

know_no_limits said:
No s***??? Thats crazy. I wonder how much that happens. Many people probably don't record the mileage when they drop their car off, so they would never know the difference. Did you challenge them on it? I had two chew asses all they way to the top of the service department. The Manager still claimed it was a mistake in paperwork...but he gave me free service for a year...so he knew.

I probably should have, but I didn't really want to press the matter seeing as my car wasn't stock when it went back in. I could have probably still fought them and won, but I'm just happy my warranty is still up.

Back