fsze mazda mp3

I think my mazda mp3 might have a fsze 2.0L engine in it. I checked the engine code and it is stamped in big letters FSZE. I heard a rumor, i am not saying that it is true, but cars 1-5 of 1500 have FSZE engines. If this is true i am so lucky to have mp3#5 born on 2/14/01 Valentines Day.

I thought it seemed a little faster than the 140hp i thought it had.

Who knows one of you other mp3 owners may have gotten lucky too.

Check the engine code on the engine block just to the right of the exhaust header.

thanks mp3#5

MP3#5,

Hey I just went out and looked on mine. It is stamped with the letters FS9. Coudl you post a pick of where exactly to look for this?
I was under the impression that the FSZE engine was a J-spec and unavailable in the US. If they offered the engine in 5 cars I would have paid more money to get more HP! Post a Pic I wanna see the FSZE motor!!

If this is true that would be bad ass. I would be soooo jealous. But,.....I have to see pics of this engine stamp and hood scoop as said in the other post to believe this. I'm not saying you are lying or anything, god knows I don't want to start a pissing contest as in the other topics. But I will be sooo jealous if I see these pics. Post them soon. ;)

dude...if u have a genuine fsze engine, thats ******' kick ass!!! i want to see the pics too.! :cool:

Where can I get info about the fsze 2.0L engine ??? I've never heard of it.. Please give info and also post pic !!!

THIS EXPLAINS IT: In the performance forum i just learned that the FSZE engines comes with MAZDASPEED high compression piston sets. So i never really gave it no thought when i bought the car, about why i have small MAZDASPEED stickers on my MP3, I just thought that they were for looks you know. I have 2 small 3/4" x 7" silver MAZDASPEED stickers on the 2 small rear windows on the back doors and i also have a stock chrome MAZDASPEED racing air filter.

If it wasnt for all you other guys i wouldnt know so much about my MP3 and as a 22 year old male I LOVE MY MP3.

thanks MP3#5

Stickers too? I dunno about that...

Unless I see some pics (much as I'd give you mega props for being so lucky to get an FS-ZE) I don't think this is likely, especially the stickers part. Factory installed 'riceboy' emblems? More riceboy mockery?

Please prove me wrong, I'd love to eat my words...

I don't believe some of you guys are actually even requesting for pictures and such. There's no such things; only the Mazdaspeed Special Edition and Sport 20 in Japan gets the FSZE engine. I know some of you on this board are serious about modifying the MP3 but you should ignores posts like this. Its turning this board into a joke.

Anybody read the post in the other board about stickers?

I think it might have been the stickers that gave him that "more that 140 HP feel".

:D

This sounds like a joke again !

Maybe this guy is from Central Japan and not Florida. Plus he did not get his MP3 till July and he got car #5 ?

Get real !

Let's settle ..... As per mazda corp. only japan cars get the so call and admirated fsze engine. As for u out there that seem to call out u got one is not true. because japan emmisions specs are different than ours mazda could not bring the engine to u.s. As per the rummors of being 1 to 5 engines out there , the first two cars where delivered by mazda to southern california dealerships. the 3rd one to chicago and the 4th to texas and the 5th to a dealership in albany NY. deliver date was in march and not in june or july like others speculate........

"Zoom Zoom Zoom" :eek: :eek:

Alright Danny and the other hatters out there, since you are just so positive about all of this, then why do you all think the majority of the MP3s were made in Feburary and thier are still people out there buying whats left of the MP3s. I am calling you out about the 5th MP3 in Albany NY, prove it to me because i have all the paper work and the VIN number to prove it to you. My pictures are coming up soon, so dont be jealous. Remember they are only 1500 of these cars made.

As for all of this BS, i dont have to take this from anyone, because i dont have to come to this website.

Have a GREAT DAY.

thanks mp3#5

hey,
let's all just stay reasonable here....
for me, i DO believe hiom if
i see pics till next tuesday
or so :)
Innocent until proven guilty?!?

Back