FS: MSP Motor & Trans

Hello everyone and welcome, I recieved a full engine and trans with my mazda protege. I have never broke it down to much nor have I ever really opened it up. The bottom end supposably needs rings from the previous owner. The bottom end is stock, trans is stock with limited slip. The head has a mild port and a 5 angle valve job from what I was told. The head doesnt have much mileage on it and I dont know how much on the bottom end and trans. I'm looking into it now. So basically I dont need this anymore and its just taking up space in the shed. Let me know if anyone is interested in trading or buying these items. I will ship if buyer pays for shipping. I would like to get rid of as a whole. The head can be used or builtup on the side along with bottom end and trans. I never had any problems with the previous owner and he was also straight forward with me on the rest of the car. So on the mods on the motor I can only take what he says, but it looks like it has some work done to it, so just PM me.
DSC04729.JPG
DSC04734.JPG
DSC04730.JPG
DSC04731.JPG
View attachment 182101

Attachments

• DSC04732.JPG
    DSC04732.JPG
    371 KB · Views: 598
Last edited:
Um, I am not to sure as of right now. I will be deciding within a week if im going to part out. I am still new to this car (just got it last week) and am unsure of what its all worth. I would like to get some cash offers and go with the best one. Or I would like to trade for some performance parts for my msp. I will be taking the motor apart here in the next day or 2 just to make sure that there is some mods on the head. You can tell it has some porting so It should have what I posted but im going to make sure. Im messaging the previous owner to get more info on it, and I will post more details. I also have some more pictures to add that didn't get added when I uploaded them.

Last edited:
alright. for everyone wanting the head. I has a fresh rebuild for sure, less than 2k miles. it has a mild port and polish, and also 5 angle valve job and its extremely clean inside and out. I will be dismataling the engine soon to check the block, but it should only need reringed. the trans is in decent shape, no grinds or etc.

Things I will possibly trade for are- Upgraded injectors, Exhaust systems (direct bolt on), (new) wideband with o2 sensor included, Cam Gears, Upgraded valvetrain, Rims w/w.o tires, Front seats, Bushing set for pretty much everyhting on the car, slotted or drilled rotors (not both), brake pads, Interior cf pieces, cf hood. Im sure theres some more I would like also lol. I will get back with parting out prices. Let me know if you guys need anything besides for the head. If I can get it all taken I will part out imediately.

PM me a good price shipped to 70403 on engine and trans.

Are you sure its an MSP engine? Is there a fitting on the main bearing support for the turbo oil drain?

I have a mega squirt full exhaust 2.5 in tanabe super medallion setup. a ghl 3 in down pipe. A map except clutch disc with matching pressure plate stage 2. And some other stuff i don't need Im willing to trade for as well as cash.. Or just cash for the transmission. Shipping to 78412.

I have an offer for the trans for 600 cash + shipping cost, Anyone have something better to offer. Always looking for rims and tires or a cf hood. my address is 2563west market street lima ohio 45805. Sry to all who have been messaging me, I have been pretty busy lately with college and daily life. Yea just figured I would add my address for all who are wanting to find out shipping prices. PM me if interested. I will get some more pics and better quality of everythign broken down (head,block,and trans, intake).

7.jpg
3.jpg
8.jpg
6.jpg
4.jpg
alright so after many atempts to try and dissasemble the motor. I have come to the conclusion that I dont have the time/tools/space to do this. I got some more pics of the motor and trans. 1000 firm for (rebuilt head with less than 2000 miles, (5 angle valve job, mild port and polish), bottom end (all stock, needs reringed), and also trans. I do not know the actuall mileage on trans, I have never used any of it. I was going to use the head but do not feel like dealing with it. It has thelimited slip in it and I believe its welded but then again I never cracked it open to check to see if its welded. I will only trade for is a set of rims that will fit my msp. I want rims plus cash or rims plus close to new tires. So again 1000 firm, LOCAL PICK UP ONLY, or BUYER PAYS SHIPPING etc.

Price drop!!!!!!!!! 850 firm

I am dropping the price of my motor and trans to 850 FIRM. or trade for rims with tires (90%+ tread only), Rims must be in perfect or near perfect condition (no curb rash acceptable). I need to get rid of these items. (head 2,000>, rebuilt, very clean. 5 angle valve job. mild port and polish. new timing belt, new cams valvetrain etc.) (block- 40-50,000, Needs reringed.)(trans- welded limited slip) I have never used the items, the trans and head should be and are very usable. The block will need reringed. I recieved these items with my mazdaspeed protege already taken out. Everything is bolted up still, The only thing I can possible get off is the head, and if I take it off im going to use it myself. Buyer pays for shipping and cost. I prefer cash through paypal only, Or I will accept rims (pm me with pictures). Thank you for all looking and repling and possibly buying. (mj)(piss)

Last edited:
MSP Motor and Trans...

Head- Rebuilt, 5 angle valvejob, mild port and polish, <2000 miles
Block- Needs reringed but still good, <50,000 miles
Trans- Has welded lsd, < 50,000 miles
300 a piece. 1st come 1st serve. Won't last long
4.jpg
3.jpg
DSC04734.JPG

Back