FS: Essential Speed 3" MSP midpipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanuter valve

:
03.5 msp
SOLD. Essential Speed 3" midpipe. Bolts up to the stock S pipe with no clearance issues. Opens up to a 3" high flow cat, clears the crossmember easily, then tapers at the end to 60mm. Lightweight and mostly stainless. O2 bung after cat with no need for extension. I bought it new and put about 25k on it. The little heat shield welds are broken on one side. Sometimes smells like sulfur after a hard run. 225 shipped.

Attachments

• DSCN3348.JPG
    DSCN3348.JPG
    694.4 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Does this work as a direct swap for the OEM piece? Does it retain the stock O2 sensor positions or does it need modifications to prevent CEL codes? Thanks!

oem msp replacement with no mods required and no cels. even with the small stock catback there was a huge gain in performance, esp in the upper rpms. the first time i got it out onto the highway i was like yes! this is how the car is supposed to work. it felt like it had grown longer legs and there was a reason to take it over 4500.
that said, i still recommend a catback that is at least 60mm ID (2.25"). the stock one has crush bends and gets down to 1.75" ID to fit inside the 2" muffler.

So even though it's a high-flow cat, it's still street legal (no inspection or smog check issues...)? It's been a while, what was the price lowered from? Thanks.

this one looks like the Vibrant mid-pipe.
How come you don't get CEL since this doesn't have CAT or is that shielded part high flow CAT , just wondering ?

How come you don't get CEL since this doesn't have CAT or is that shielded part high flow CAT , just wondering ?

Yes the part under the heat shield is a Cat. And since the second Oxygen sensor is after the Cat it doesn't trough the CEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back