Front struts make noise when going over a smooth curb.

:
2017 CX5 GS, 2018 X3 xDrive30i, 2019 Tesla Model 3
When I back out of my driveway and going on to the street as the front wheels go down the struts make noise. The internal gas shock noise you know? Not a clunk, I don't think, but gas shock noise....

8000 miles, AT , no mods, sport.

You'll have to explain what "internal gas shock noise" sounds like. How do you know it's not sway bar bushing noise? A far more likely proposition I would think.

When I back out of my driveway and going on to the street as the front wheels go down the struts make noise. The internal gas shock noise you know? Not a clunk, I don't think, but gas shock noise....

8000 miles, AT , no mods, sport.

It's under warranty - just take it in to your dealer.

^ Nip that sound in the bud. 35000 miles with lower stiffer springs (and no new struts or end links) and no squeaks here; I wouldn't take that as a sign of bad things to come but rather a crappy part. This suspension is holding up very well. Pun intended.

I believe there is a TSB about this... some bushing misaligned. I started getting a noise from the drivers front strut area after having the tires rotated for the first time - must've been something to do with taking the load off completely.

Im getting a creaking noise when pulling out of the driveway as well. Guess ill bring it up next time in for an oil change.

Back