Front Camera Failed in Light Mist! 2024 Turbo CX-5

:
2018 CX5
It was a slightly misty night and there was a thin coating of mist all over the car. After driving for 5 min the dash stated that several features (adaptive lights/adaptive cruise/lane assist) were disabled because the front camera could not work properly.

Our 2018 CX5 never had this happen unless we were at a toll booth and there was a bright light shining directly into the front camera.

Have others had their system get disabled with light mist??? Is the 2024 camera more sensitive to outdoor weather conditions than older CX5s??

Last edited:
Yes. The new camera is different model and has different software too. I had few similar issues. My 2018 no problems, my 2022 more sensitive in certain conditions. It is what it is :( we gain some features, we loose some.

The adaptive lights and lane assist uses the camera behind the windscreen. When using your windscreen wipers the glass in front of the camera will be wiped and gives the camera a clean view.
It is always possible that the windshield on the inside in front of your camera is fogged up. It can take a little time and enough AC dried air is needed to dry the windshield in front of the camera as it is more or less enclosed for protection.
The adaptive cruise control is using the radar in the front grill. In my experience it needs heavy rain or snow before it stops working.

Great to know the above and great to hear that others have notice the same issue compared to their 2018. I was getting ready to take it back to the dealer to check the system out. Thanks

You can still ask the dealer to check.
Sometimes there is new software firmware update for the modules but you have to ask them to check. They dont check by default.

Back