Forgot how much this car pulls when the 0-60 restrictions are gone...

jabba

:
2008 MS3, 2008 CX-9
I first got a Hypertech tuner when it came out, then sold it a few months after thinking I'd really get into tuning myself with Cobb, but that never happened, far too much work to get it right.

So I bought another Hypertech a couple weeks back, and Jebus almighty I had totally forgotten how fast the power comes in once you remove the 0-60 restrictions: tires break loose in first and second in a phantasmagorical display of violence as the steering wheel wants to torque out of my hand. Good thing I've been doing plenty of wrist exercises lately so I can keep hold of that thing (the steering wheel).

So it puts a smile on my face everytime I get ready to mash down the pedal knowing that for a split second things feel utterly out of control.

That is all.

I first got a Hypertech tuner when it came out, then sold it a few months after thinking I'd really get into tuning myself with Cobb, but that never happened, far too much work to get it right.

So I bought another Hypertech a couple weeks back, and Jebus almighty I had totally forgotten how fast the power comes in once you remove the 0-60 restrictions: tires break loose in first and second in a phantasmagorical display of violence as the steering wheel wants to torque out of my hand. Good thing I've been doing plenty of wrist exercises lately so I can keep hold of that thing (the steering wheel).

So it puts a smile on my face everytime I get ready to mash down the pedal knowing that for a split second things feel utterly out of control.

That is all.
It should have been this way from the factory! That is real ZOOM,ZOOM!!

It should have been this way from the factory! That is real ZOOM,ZOOM!!

Every day I drive this car with the hypertech ( stock save for SURE RMM and RX8 rims ) I am constantly impressed with how much better this car runs and drives compared to the stock tune. It's absolutely a night and day ridiculous comparison. I'm noticing in particular how hard this thing is pulling in this colder Michigan weather! The stock tune acted like it hated 40 degrees or colder outside air temps. The hypertech tune transforms the car even with a completely stock induction and exhaust system. The car is also loads faster and more fun to drive with the 0-60 restrictions off. You just have to be very careful and hang on tightly to the wheel if you lay into the throttle at low speeds while making turns because the torque steer is wicked. Watch who you let drive your car if they aren't familiar with high powered front wheel drive cars and torque steer.

Not trying to fanboy too much but I am exceedingly satisfied with my Hypertech purchase and highly recommend it.

I would however recommend another mod to take advantage of it and that's wider and stickier tires!

yea, i just flashed back to stock and was horrified with the throttle response...or lack there of.

Every day I drive this car with the hypertech ( stock save for SURE RMM and RX8 rims ) I am constantly impressed with how much better this car runs and drives compared to the stock tune. It's absolutely a night and day ridiculous comparison. I'm noticing in particular how hard this thing is pulling in this colder Michigan weather! The stock tune acted like it hated 40 degrees or colder outside air temps. The hypertech tune transforms the car even with a completely stock induction and exhaust system. The car is also loads faster and more fun to drive with the 0-60 restrictions off. You just have to be very careful and hang on tightly to the wheel if you lay into the throttle at low speeds while making turns because the torque steer is wicked. Watch who you let drive your car if they aren't familiar with high powered front wheel drive cars and torque steer.

Not trying to fanboy too much but I am exceedingly satisfied with my Hypertech purchase and highly recommend it.

I would however recommend another mod to take advantage of it and that's wider and stickier tires!

if your SWAS is still connected, you can floor it in turns all you want, the ECU cuts power.

you haven't felt torque steer til you've felt it throughout 4th gear, my friend. stock intake/exhaust/downpipe and only tune is nothing. Put some dollars into this car with a tuner, some good mods, and some e85 and you'll wonder why you stayed mostly stock for so long.

I got a hypertech and it was like a different car showed up in the mail. For real tuners the cobb is the way, but i am not a real tuner. Just a humble, lowly certified aircraft mechanical engineer. So to get to work and back with no fear of exploding...
I LOVE HYPERTECH.
(nana)

Back