Forge Recirc BPV??

:
2010 Mazdaspped3
Couple of questions for you fine folks. I'm contemplating a Forge Recirc BPV and I already have a CS SRI and a test pipe. One, is this a good BPV to run with? Two, is my fuel pump ok with that low level of mods or do I need to replace at internals at least? 3 kids and a military budget with a wife that sees no fun in car parts. Help please!!

Are you losing boost or planning on running higher boost than the stock BPV can handle? What is your current fuel pressure? I wouldn't think you need to update the internals with what you have.

I'm in Afghanistan and have ordered the following parts since arriving here to install once I get home:
-CS SRI w/TIP
-UR test pipe
-Forge BPV
Just want to make sure I'm not going to blow anything up, I'm not that mechanically savvy, I just read alot of what you guys post on here so I have a basic idea.

my first 3 mods were the same and everything was ok, however i wouldnt recommend going any further without the fuel pump internals. As for right now your ECU will compensate enough to make you run safely. have fun!

The only way to know for sure is to get a COBB AP to monitor your Fuel Pressure at WOT. On my Genpu with similar mods, I was dipping below 1600 PSI on almost every run so I upgraded the Fuel Pump Internals ASAP. If you want to be extra careful, remove the test pipe and put the stocker back in.

The Forge BPV will have little to no effect on your fuel pressure either way. I would get one used and they are one of the better BPV's available.

The forge i have has held boost just fine for a couple years. And it has a cute little sound with right spring. Much more fun than stock at a reasonable price point. go for it.

You'll be fine, you won't blow anything up. My suggestions for next mods would be rear mount, Cobb AccessPort, fuel pump internals, downpipe - in that order. You'll love your car a lot more than you do now!!! Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Back