Forge Motorsport Bypass Valve?

I just ordered the Forge BPV for the CX-7.
After installing the CP-E CAI there are some sounds that seem like boost is being bleed off.....similar to when I had a leaky Greddy RS BOV. Hopefully the sound and performance will improve as others have stated. If not I have the MS3 to put it on and play with.

Couple questions?? First would The Forge BPV being installed affect your warranty at all?(will the dealer bust your balls if they see it?) Secondly where is the cheapest place to pick one up? I saw a tuner shop on ebay selling them for 158.00 shipped.

If a dealer wants to bust your balls about a BPV, you need to find another dealer. Honestly, they would need to prove that the BPV caused the issue before denying coverage; which is unlikely, but possible.

Regarding where to buy; the best place is protege garage www.mazda3online.com. Price is about the same and you are supporting a truly great vendor.

What's the difference between the FMS blow off valves and the FMS bypass valves that they (above sponsor) offer? Which is better for our cars? I only plan on doing CAI and TMIC in the future... does that make a difference in the selection? (shrug)

Intake for sure, I have the BPV+short ram intake and I love it, you might want to go with the CAI, but any intake is great, just be sure to reset the ECU after all mods.

First off I ordered the BPV from Forge directly.....ordered on the 22nd, shipped the 23rd, and I received it the 26th. Only cost $180....$170 plus $10 shipping. Great deal indeed!

Install literally took less than 5 minutes, the the tools needed was a 10mm socket, flat screwdriver, and a pair of pliers.

Driving impression: What a difference! What everyone was saying about response was true. Night and day difference between stock and the Forge. The acceleration is definitely more aggressive than stock. Sound is just what I wanted (like my Evos Forge). This is one of my favorite mods so far. Well worth the money.

I will post a pic tomorrow!

I installed the Forge BPV today. I got it for $165 shipped.

I haven't been driving the CX-7 that much lately so decided to do a test. I install the Forge and took it out for a test drive and then put the stock bpv on and did the same test drive.

I didn't notice anything different after installing the Forge bpv, atleast not what many have stated on here. It came with the yellow spring install and I ran that and did a little run with the blue. Yellow seemed to be better IMO, blue would give you a little flutter at low boost.

After putting the stock bpv on and going out on the same test drive it then showed that there was a good difference between the two.
The Forge is alot louder and there was no noticable drop in power after shift change like the stock bpv. Even from a stop there was more response with the forge over the stocker.

So tomorrow the Forge goes back on. Got to see if the wife likes it, if not it will go on the MS3.

How much of a sound difference between the Forge and stock, assuming stock air intake? I have a 2006 GLI with an intake and Forge and it sounds GREAT for a sports sedan, but I'm not looking for a noticeable sound difference for the CX-7 (wife's car).

i got my Forge BOV yesterday. i made a sigificant difference in power. and i havent reset the ECU after this mod yet (Idid it on couple acasions in the past) also i have Boost/Vac dade and i can see the boost is much more constsnt hwen accleratinting, And yes i strmgly belive that the stock BOV was leaking badly.

i did put a Blue sping i havaent tired any others yet. but i do have high flow cat and haigh fow K&M air filter

I'm running the blue spring now. I finally got a good day to test it out and there is no fluttering or compressor surge with it. It actually pulls pretty good in the mid range now.

If I get some more time I might try a shim and play around with it.

Back