Font Motorsports Secret Mazda2 Photo Stash

I'm so jealous of how much aftermarket support they have in Thailand versus North America. It's unfair! It makes me wonder though why the 2 is so popular in Thailand when it's as rare as a unicorn over here.

I'm so jealous of how much aftermarket support they have in Thailand versus North America. It's unfair! It makes me wonder though why the 2 is so popular in Thailand when it's as rare as a unicorn over here.

I understand your pain. The reason that the Mazda 2 is so popular in Thailand is because it's a car people there can afford. Car prices in Thailand can be 2 to 3 times the price compared to the US. A VW R32 here costs around $32k, in Thailand it'll cost around $62k. Generally Japanese cars are the popular one's in Thailand because they are more affordable.

Now why don't we get the more premium version of the 2 or more aftermarket options in the US? Only one to blame is ourselves. American's don't buy hatchbacks. Especially small ones. So what the manufacturers do is offer the small hatchbacks as base model as they can to get the price as low as they can. Because to them that's the only way an American will buy a small hatch. If it's cheap.

American's hardly even want premium hatchbacks. That's why the Volvo C30 failed. That's why Mercedes isn't bringing over their awesome new C-Class hatch. Neither does BMW, neither does Audi with the A1. It sucks for all US hatchback lovers.

Last edited:
Secret Stash - Enkei Compe on a Mazda 2 would look something like this. Oh yeah!!!

Mazda2EnkeiCompe

Looks like I'm going with these wheels after all, (yippy)15x7" with a nice drop.... oh yeah

Those Compe's are real nice, I'll have to look into getting them for street use.

^ im interested as well... i saw this car on instagram the other day and immedietly got drawn to the spoiler. its got the duckbill look like a mazda 3 i saw on here before

Just so you guys know, that front lip may, or may not require some creative thinking to make it work, since our bumpers are more rounded at the bottom, while the thai smiley bumpers are more straight-edged. The spoiler however, should work no problem.

I can't seem to be able to get just a pic, so here's a link to a dude on instagram.. on his 2 (which is pretty nice btw), he has a front lip and rear wing that interest me. Any word on those Rodmon?

http://www.oninstagram.com/profile/ahmadyaser

Nice find. I haven't seen this one before. I haven't seen that spoiler or front lip either. The front lip would be a hard fit on the US front bumper. I'll see if my guy in Thailand knows anything about these.

font, can i see this on the green one?
i really like to buy that add on for my ride

You want to add this body kit on a green Mazda 2? I'd look great. We don't need to do a photoshop to find that out. haha. :) I can get it for you from Thailand. Let me know.

Btw, do you know what size wheels he has on? 17? How wide? They look great and when I pick some up I'd love to copy. (talking about the gray #55)

Btw, do you know what size wheels he has on? 17? How wide? They look great and when I pick some up I'd love to copy. (talking about the gray #55)

From what i know they are Advan wheels. 17x7, possibly even 17x6.5. It might be a staggered set up with the fronts being smaller. I can definitely find out for sure as I have him as a "friend" on Facebook.

Looks like Advan RZ. Sadly, the smallest size they come in is 17". Nice for a show car, bad for DD.

Depends really. My first wheels on my 2 were 17x7 Enkei SC03's and they were fine. The gas mileage didn't really change all that much either. I guess it's all relative to what you're comfortable rollin' in.

Back