Flush?? 16x7 +33 offset

my friends dad just got a set of those for his car 1 1/4" they make the tire past flush but i put them on my p5 with stock rims they would basically fit flush if that helps any lol

40+ is a good fit it makes the tires pretty flush but i think 42+ would be perfect.

Question, I have not removed or had the time to look at my OEM RH wheels. Do they have the open slots as indicated for those wheel spacers to fit. I am looking at 15MM as well.

Yes, the MSP & MP3 Rh's both have enough clearance in the pockets for 15mm studded spacers

my friends dad just got a set of those for his car 1 1/4" they make the tire past flush but i put them on my p5 with stock rims they would basically fit flush if that helps any lol

40+ is a good fit it makes the tires pretty flush but i think 42+ would be perfect.

1 1/4" is equivalent to like ~37.5mm... lol I bet you'd be wayyy past just flush. You'd be hellaflush with some stretched tires. 15mm is slightly past flush... lol

Last edited:
I would say go +40. I have 17x8 +40 offset I would have to go outside and see what size tire. its small and slightly streched but not a noticebale stretch. A picture for referrence:
da09ee02.jpg

Sorry its not the best picture to show "flushness" But I will say if I ever drop it I'll need to roll the fenders without a doubt.

Last edited:
1 1/4" is equivalent to like ~37.5mm... lol I bet you'd be wayyy past just flush. You'd be hellaflush with some stretched tires. 15mm is slightly past flush... lol
37.5 millimeter = 1.4763779528 inch

thats 1 1/2" of an inch.

when i calculated it out i got 31.75 mm

Not calling ya out, just double checking :D

so right now i guess we are saying that i should go with 16x7 +42 offset for the rims?
and as for spacers prob go with about 10mm-ish?

Are you copying me because I'm going back to 16's? ;)

no not at all because ur not slammed. lols
plus im getting Volks not FD rims and im sick of my rims and im not gona boost so ima slam, low and slow

I love my BC and have had no problems with them. They definitely go lower than the Tein SS's that I had before, so if you are wanting to go slammed, go BC or KW.

To be truly flush, you need to be reverse staggered, since there is way more room in the front fenders.

I test fitted a set of 17x8, 17x7.5 +35 all around, and the 8's were pretty flush in the front. So with 7" wide wheels, you need to be looking at the +20-25 offset range.

Camber is at 1.8 all the way around

Front - 17x8 +35 with 215/40 tire
IMG_0842.jpg

Rear - 17x7.5 +35 with 205/40 tire
IMG_0843.jpg

I love my BC and have had no problems with them. They definitely go lower than the Tein SS's that I had before, so if you are wanting to go slammed, go BC or KW.

To be truly flush, you need to be reverse staggered, since there is way more room in the front fenders.

I test fitted a set of 17x8, 17x7.5 +35 all around, and the 8's were pretty flush in the front. So with 7" wide wheels, you need to be looking at the +20-25 offset range.

Camber is at 1.8 all the way around

Front - 17x8 +35 with 215/40 tire
IMG_0842.jpg

Rear - 17x7.5 +35 with 205/40 tire
IMG_0843.jpg

kk gotcha. only thing is that volks dont make 16x8s
and i kinda wana keep it at 16 instead of 17s but if i got go 17s then i guess so.

37.5 millimeter = 1.4763779528 inch

thats 1 1/2" of an inch.

when i calculated it out i got 31.75 mm

Not calling ya out, just double checking :D

so right now i guess we are saying that i should go with 16x7 +42 offset for the rims?
and as for spacers prob go with about 10mm-ish?

Good call, lol.

I wasn't thinking and calculated for 1 1/2" on accident. 1" = 25.4mm, IIRC. MX-P5 corrected me last time I said it was ~25mm, haha.

Either way, 32mm spacers are gonna put you wayyy past flush, lol. That guy is a little crazy. ;)

kk gotcha. only thing is that volks dont make 16x8s
and i kinda wana keep it at 16 instead of 17s but if i got go 17s then i guess so.

17's look best on proteges IMO. I really want to get new 8" wide barrels for my Volks, but the only way to do that is find another set and swap faces (notcool)

Good call, lol.

I wasn't thinking and calculated for 1 1/2" on accident. 1" = 25.4mm, IIRC. MX-P5 corrected me last time I said it was ~25mm, haha.

Either way, 32mm spacers are gonna put you wayyy past flush, lol. That guy is a little crazy. ;)

Yes 25.4mm = 1"

hmmmm as of right now im kinda leaning on 17s...but im not sure if i can order staggered wheels, cause they sell as a set.

or should i just go and pick up 17x7.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +40
and if i find another pair then i can work from there?

Last edited:
hmmmm as of right now im kinda leaning on 17s...but im not sure if i can order staggered wheels, cause they sell as a set.

or should i just go and pick up 17x7.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +40
and if i find another pair then i can work from there?

You can also throw a spacer in the front. But I am pretty sure you can order staggered, as most RWD cars will do that.

With a 7.5 you can go lower than +40. I would suggest test fitting some wheels to see how flush you want to be

yea thats true.
thats what i was originally gonna do, but wanted to ask the forums first to get an idea and then test it out with different rims for flushtivity

and yes i verified with them, and they said they can do staggered orders :D

So my order would probably be
Front:
17x8 / 5x114.3 / Offset +38 theres also +33 available too.
Rear:
17x7.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +40 or 17x7.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +30

^^ hahaha i thought so.
cause thats what i wanted too lols
i didnt wana go 40 to be honest.

coools then im soo ready for the new rims and slamtivity

yea i am for the front

yessir, i would not buy them used unless they were a deal that i couldnt pass up lols.
the wait will begin soon when i order them.

Nice. I bought mine used because I got a deal, and because I can't afford new-volk-price $$$$$$.

Or you could go square and do 17x8's all around with +33 front, +38 rear

Back