flashing cel/headache

ok so I was driving home from iowa and the cel started flashing and there was absolutly no power. Got home, pulled plug of the ignition coil and there was no spark. Changed out the coil,plugs, and wires. Still runs like s***, cel some times flashes some times stays solid, plugged it into code reader at work and it said cylinder #1 missfire. Every once in a while power will return and be strong as hell/buck but then returns to sputtering with no power. The plugs all smell of fuel and are fouled out beyond beliefe. I have a 99 1.8l manual, anyone have any thoughts? all thoughts and opinions appreciated(hear ya)

check this out. I had a cylinder 3 misfire and replaced everything you did. I got new spark plugs, spark plugs wires, coil packs, and even swapped the injectors for the 626 ones jeg gave me. None of the aboved worked. I found out i had a major vacuum leak due to my injector oring kits being cracked and hard. So i replaced all four injector kits but what i did was with the bottom end oring... (this is where i got creative) i used a bigger sized rubber grommit then the puny one that came brand new. basically i used the old top end grommit ring and installed it in the plastic piece that inserts the intake manifold.

OR to make things much easier get the ones from discount auto for 12 bucks and they have a gigantic rubber grommit with no plastic ring. they seemed to be sturdy. after this was done i did another smoke test and wala no leaks.

Afterwards i found another leak from my egr valve and replaced it with a 626 valve that jeg had also giving me since i have a 626 intake manifold installed my sedan.

i still havent done another smoke test to see if the seal to my egr valve is closed after tightening it. (which was a pain in the arse to get to the two 12 mm bolts facing down) but i eventually got to it with a half size wrench. Got that done yesterday.

Back