FK Auto Projectors

Even if you ordered from the UK site, these lights are available in LH only :( as for the tail lights, im after a set but im not sure if I want smoked or clear, and on ebay I seen them with a clear background but also a black background both with the clear lenses....

Chris

Here are the four tail light offerings from dectane:
https://www.dectane.de/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=mazda+2&site=

What they call the "clear" lenses are just the red OEM style lights. The "smoke" finish are for the lights with chrome Alteza-style housings. Both styles come in either 18 or 35 LED configurations.

That's a pretty decent amount of money to get only a halogen projector. You guys could do a retrofit yourself for less money and get actual xenon projectors that are WAY better than those.

Update: My FK headlights arrived today(the ones at the open to this thread)! Opened the box, everything seems to have arrived in excellent condition, and the quality on the lights seems excellent. We are having complete crap weather here in the NW, it's supposed to be raining for at LEAST the next 10 days. I don't have any covered or indoor space to work on the car, so these probably won't be getting installed for a while. I will unbox them and shoot some photos in the next few days though. In case you are interested in ordering a set yourself, here is a basic picture of cost and time involved: I pre-ordered from FK in mid January, the headlights shipped February 2nd and were delivered on Feb 17th, but I wasn't here, so I picked them up today. The headlights themselves were about $338.00 and the shipping was exactly $50.00 USD after conversion from Euro, so the lights plus shipping came in right at $388.00 USD.

Definitely interested in output shots. It's a shame though, for less money you could have bixenon projectors with better output.

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay, I've been out of town for a bit. I did get the headlights unboxed, and I will take some photos and post them up this week. Any photography I do will look much worse than the FK photos, but I'll do it (pics or it didn't happen!) also to show the wiring on the back. It's nicely done and very clean, and there are two additional wires, a red power and a black ground that need to be tapped in somewhere to activate the LED DRLs in each headlamp. What I can't quite tell yet is whether it uses the same 9003 bulb that we have for the main low/high bulb or not. This might be a "discovery" upon install. Maybe someone else will be able to tell just by looking at the blade configuration on the power supply plug. Pics soon!

Nice, good luck on the install. My tail lights took me 4 times longer to install than expected, hopefully things go smoother for you.

I ordered a set of these! Can someone help me with how I can make a payment through "pay advance? Is there a way I can pay through paypal? I used the uk website

Just ordered these! I cannot wait for it to come. My black/stealth look is coming along really well :D. Will update with pics when they come and can get them installed.

Might be a stupid question but these lights are from the UK/EU and most of UK/EU have LHD cars. I live in Australia which is mainly RHD... My question is will I be blinding oncoming motorists if I used these headlights in Australia? Does this even matter? :s.. I regret buying before researching already :(

Shiznig,

The projector cutoff is set up for RHD, meaning that the cutoff is lower on the left, and higher on the right. You can certainly set them slightly low to avoid glaring oncoming drivers, but your lights will be aimed lower. If you're really adventurous, you could open up the headlights and remove the cutoff shield and flip-flop it, or make a new one. There are lots of serious DIY projector-retrofit-geek-out threads out there that show how to do such things.

You mean they're set up for LHD right? haha

Hmm, okay I was trying to avoid retrofitting it myself that's why I chose to buy FK Auto ones :(. Im guessing the headlights can be opened with a heat gun and this is how I flip the cut off shield? Hmm.. If Im forced to do this then I might as well get some halo's in there.

Thanks for your reply inspekt. I hope you don't mind me asking you a couple questions when the headlights do arrive haha

Not at all. Ask away!

Hi inspekt, been a long time!
I finally had the headlights put on with little to no idea on wiring and taking the whole thing apart. Your guide on the silver build Page helped quite a bit so I thank you for that!
With your headlights, do you have a screw that has L & R engraved up the top? I'm a bit wary of twisting this screw since I have no clue as to what this does. Any idea what twisting said screw does? Would be a god send if it converted the headlights to RHD hehe.
Been using 8k HIDs with the headlights and it looks awesome. But as per your suggestion it is aimed low, In line with the rear number plates of the car in front. I'll upload some pics when I can!

Back