FC3S Shift Knob?

I recently bought a C's Short Shifter for my 88' T2. I'm having problems finding an aftermarket shift knob to fit it. My stock one works but it's old and needs to be replaced. Anybody familiar with the C's shifter have any recommendations?

The threading is the same as the stock one?

Most aftermarket knobs don't have specific thread pitch per vehicle. There are a lot of knobs that have nylon inserts that you self thread on.

There's a million options out there, most are 100% universal.

Yep, I have an FC (Though I'm selling it), and the shifter knob pitch is totally different than other the other Mazda's I've worked with. In particular, the '86-'88 RX7 was M12 x 1.5 and the '89+ FC was M10 x 1.25. So, S4 is M12, and S5 was M10.

Most folks in the RX7 crowd go with the Razo universal knobs, from what I gather. Kinda pricey, but weighted, and nice.

flat_black said:
Yep, I have an FC (Though I'm selling it), and the shifter knob pitch is totally different than other the other Mazda's I've worked with. In particular, the '86-'88 RX7 was M12 x 1.5 and the '89+ FC was M10 x 1.25. So, S4 is M12, and S5 was M10.

Most folks in the RX7 crowd go with the Razo universal knobs, from what I gather. Kinda pricey, but weighted, and nice.

Appreciate the help. Thanks

Back