2013~2016 Favor to ask about a sound the MAF sensor makes when shutting down

:
South Carolina
:
12 MZ5 13 CX-5
My CX-5 is a 2013 with the 2.0. If there is anyone else that is out there that can do me a solid, I'd appreciate it. Upon shutting down the engine, there is a faint whine that comes from the mass air flow butterfly. On my car it lasts for roughly 45 seconds. Could one of you please see if your car does this same thing?

TIA.

I can't help with your request (don't have a cx5), but MAF butterfly? Never heard of that.

Are you talking about the throttle body?

It's the throttle body control motor. Now *why* Mazda keeps it on for nealy a minute after shutoff, I can't tell you.

Hmm. That's weird. Okay. My 1 month old battery went dead over Tuesday night, and I'm trying to figure out what happened. I'm drawing 1 amp with the car off, and that seems high-ish. That motor running gave a 2.6 amp draw.

Any aftermarket electronic items installed (theft alarm, stereo)? If so they are often a cause of a slow drain.

Yeah, I need to go out and start pulling fuses, see which circuit is causing the drain.

I do have a Kenwood stereo, but it's been in there since I had it, and the only other thing I have is a iDataLink remote start. I already disabled that, that wasn't the issue.

Back