Farking dealership screwed my oil change

momstoy said:
man that sucks!! thats way i go to jiffy lube or speedy oil change.... that way i can stand there and watch they're every move...
and when i am watching them i talk to the ones that aren't doing anything so they have know idea that i am actually watching them...;)

I'd never got to one of those quickie job places...like going to Canadian Tire or Sears or WalMart to get your engine rebuilt, ya know?

I don't care whose shop it is, if I want to go in and look at the work being done on my car, I'll do so...dealer or not. I mean, I won't get in the tech's way or do anything stupid, but I like to know exactly what's being done. I made this very clear at my 1st LOF so my dealer and I have already come to an "understanding".

We shouldn't have to hide the fact that we want to know what's being done to our rides! YMMV...

man you've just had bad luck all around.. i haven't ever had those kind of problems with any of my cars...

my very first car ever was in high school.. i worked my but off and go a 84 honda crx, then my brother started driveing it when he needed a car. i had saved up and got my pick up,a tricked out '90 mazda b2300, then i met my husband and got pregnant so we had to trade it in :'(
and got a 95 neon ( hated that piece of crap) traded it in on the '98 jeep cher.. and now i have the '03 p5... :)

i use to change my own oil. til i had kids and have a husband that doesn't care to do it...lol

I go to wal-mart cause I work there and they know me. I also know that if they screw your engine up they have to fix or replace it. Wal-mart is big enough that if you cause a big enough stink and to the right person, not management they will more than gladly avoid any public knowledge of the problem. You wouldn't believe the amount spent settling out of court. They have only messed up once with me and it was figured out before anything bad could happen to the engine. I only take it there when certain people are there and I check on it routinely, much like an expectant parent. Not sure if I will take our new mp5 though. Not sure about the dealership either. Guess I'll just start doing it myself. Oh well, the oil from my engine will keep my hands nice and soft.lol

bull s***, you better get more out of them than that. contact mazdausa and tell them how unhappy you are about it. b**** and moan, atleast try to get something really free out of it.

Douggie said:
............. that's just an oil change which takes like, what, 10 min?.....

Yup unless for some weird reason, the oil filter is really, really hard to get off.

But that never happens on a P5 right? ;)

momstoy said:
man that sucks!! thats way i go to jiffy lube or speedy oil change.... that way i can stand there and watch they're every move...
and when i am watching them i talk to the ones that aren't doing anything so they have know idea that i am actually watching them...;)

yup your just asking for more problems going to those places, they have a much much higher rate of mistakes. just remember everyone makes mistakes sometimes, even dealer techs, and YOU for that matter. :D

This is why you should ALWAYS change your own oil. It'll take less time than going to the stealership.

Action Jackson said:
Yup unless for some weird reason, the oil filter is really, really hard to get off.

But that never happens on a P5 right? ;)

I heard it's the hardest to remove the first time. They probably use an impact-filter-wrench to tighten the filter while in the assembly line :D

Anyway, if you have the right tools (ie. right sized filter wrench), it's pretty much effortless. And I'm sure the dealerships have those sitting around somewhere, so not an issue for them.

Yep. DIY is the way to go!

cool i would have never thought to go to wally world for the oil change!! lol and there is a super wally world up the street...DUH!!:eek:

momstoy said:
cool i would have never thought to go to wally world for the oil change!! lol and there is a super wally world up the street...DUH!!:eek:

I heard you can get synthetic oil when you go for an oil change at wally for like $30.

Yep...read one of my replies to this thread. Thats what they were supposed to put in my car but put in regular. I can't find the reciept so I can't get you the exact price. If you go with synthetic go with mobil one.

holy s***, I didn't know another proteger lives within 1 square mile of me :eek:

momstoy said:

well, hello to you too! :eek: :)
yes, we have 2 P5's... and we are on the boarder of garland, sachse, rowlett area... you?

yeppers... we shop there at that super walmart , target and sams... there at garland and 190

Well, it just happened to me..

The dealershit forgot to put on my oil cap too..

Luckily I was only driving around for 350 km (a few days..)

But there is oil all over the place..

Here is a pic of the hood..

I hope I don't cause anymore damage driving, till I can get to the dealershit (it is sunday after all)

I still have to go to work, that's another 200 km on my car..

Oil level looks ok..

Attachments

• 100_0822.jpg
    100_0822.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Back