2017~2024 Excited but anxious about driving my new CX-5

Do you guys have seat covers on yours? I just took off the seat covers from my old vehicle, and I'm quite happy I had it on, the seats look really nicely taken care, no marks of any sort. Any suggestions for which cover to buy? I love the leather look in my CX-5 but I would also love to keep it as new looking as possible without any rips etc. And LOL, since I've obviously never had heated seats before... this may be dumb but, is it okay to have a seat cover over top of heated seats?

01.jpg

So, if I'm driving in a 80km/h area, I should try to go 75 & 85 not just 80 the whole time?

So, if I'm driving in a 80km/h area, I should try to go 75 & 85 not just 80 the whole time?

If your destination is 100km via freeway away then yes alter your speeds.

If it is a quick trip on the freeway then no need

600, thanks. Typo.
Covers are fine on heated seats but obviously they won't work as well.

Agree. I tried covers once and ditched them. Leather seats should hold up well for a minimum of 4 years. And the Mazda leather is pretty top notch. My last car didn't start showing wear until around 8 years.

Agree. I tried covers once and ditched them. Leather seats should hold up well for a minimum of 4 years. And the Mazda leather is pretty top notch. My last car didn't start showing wear until around 8 years.

I use a leather protectant spray then wipe on my leather seats and it should allow it to last a bit longer

Varying the RPM’s helps break in the motor and seat the rings properly preventing oil usage. I have done this on every new vehicle including motorcycles and all of them never used oil even well over 100,000 miles. This is my story and I’m sticking too it because 10 cars and 4 motor cycles proved it to me! Also it wouldn’t be written in every owners manual if it wasn’t true.

Varying the RPM’s helps break in the motor and seat the rings properly preventing oil usage. I have done this on every new vehicle including motorcycles and all of them never used oil even well over 100,000 miles. This is my story and I’m sticking too it because 10 cars and 4 motor cycles proved it to me! Also it wouldn’t be written in every owners manual if it wasn’t true.

You are bang on the money with this advice.
I've done the same with all my cars, and have had the same results as you. No oil consumption, even after 15 years with some vehicles.
One other piece of advice: don't skimp on the oil changes.

I applied Gyeon LeatherCoat on all my leather and leather-like surfaces. It’s a protectant. It has been raining snowing since I got the car but the water just beads and rolls off the surfaces now. This product is a sio2 based solution. A little goes a long ways.

You are bang on the money with this advice.
I've done the same with all my cars, and have had the same results as you. No oil consumption, even after 15 years with some vehicles.
One other piece of advice: don't skimp on the oil changes.

Correct!

During the break-in, in order to vary the RPM without having to vary your vehicles speed, you would just need to move the gear selector to the "M" mode, and then use the "+" and "-" to change the gears to vary the engine RPM.

Correct!

During the break-in, in order to vary the RPM without having to vary your vehicles speed, you would just need to move the gear selector to the "M" mode, and then use the "+" and "-" to change the gears to vary the engine RPM.

Or just use one's foot and vary the speed one is going (wink)

Get a front clear bra/mask... it really does help on keeping the front cleaner from rock chips

Back