EVO VIII Recaro seats anyone?

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
Just landed a set of Recaro's out of an EVO VIII.

Does anyone run these seats? Wondering what i need to get these installed.

nice that blue will look uberdoper

sorry can't help with the installs though...

GL, car is nasty!

Get a local metal shop to custom make some brackets. Local guy had some done for his "Mazdaspeed" ebay seats. Don't be cheap, get some nice quality metal done and do it right. You don't want to rest your life on cheaply made brackets.

Also figure that the metal shop might make you sign a waver so they aren't responsible for your life. I had to sign one when a shop modified my wieght set. (they cut and welded some metal supports so that it fit in my low ceiling basement.)

laser how much did those brackets run your friend. I may be getting new seats here soon. I have a friend who is a master welder so I'm sure I could even get it done for free but what exactly needs to be done to make the brackets?

laser how much did those brackets run your friend. I may be getting new seats here soon. I have a friend who is a master welder so I'm sure I could even get it done for free but what exactly needs to be done to make the brackets?

I don't think my friend paid anything. Basically you just need to replicate the stock bracket in a way that would bolt onto the evo seat. Getting your metal bends to be structurally sound is the only big thing really.

just checked with one of my local fabrication shops here and they quoted $180 for custom brackets powdercoated black for both front seats. doesn't sound like a bad deal to me.

my room is starting to pile up haha...

6540_1126143441562_1466430016_30633387_937458_n.jpg

dude. get wedge brackets.. i'm telling you.. actually i have a passenger bracket right now.. so you can buy that, and a drivers side. and you'll be golden..

and then just paint them. **** that powdercoating.

i liked the white the best

next time i come up there, i will see them in person :'(

the wheels are the 5zigen's but i had them completely refinished/powdercoated in gloss white. they look amazing, pictures don't do them justice.

i'm gonna check wedge's site now...where did you get your brackets from?

Back