EVO-ONE LTE Integration in US

Hi,
I put a Fortin EVO-ONE on my 2018 CX-9 GT last year without any issues. It works great, but now am wanting to add some cell phone integration.
It looks like Fortin has their own line of cell modules, but they are only working in Canada.
I read that people used to integrate DroneMobile and Viper SmartStart units with EVO-ONE, but I can't find recent info that gives me confidence that the modules in 2022 are still compatible.
Does anybody use the DroneMobile X1 or the Viper VSM550 with their EVO-ONE system, or have any other recommendations of late-model equipment?
And if you use any of these, are there any features that don't work as expected?

Thanks for any feedback.

Dronemobile also pleads ignorance on the X1: "As far as we know, it [X1] will not work with any other system other than Compustar."

Kinda sucks, as I went with Fortin with the idea that I'd have options to add the cell capability later if I wanted to. In hindsight I guess I should have just started with Compustar or Viper.

Still, if anyone has a solution or knows that a Viper unit would still work, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Best to contact Viper directly, ask them if they can work. Or, ask a brick and mortar retailer that installs remote starts, ask them what they recommend. Those guys do this for a living, I'm sure they would have experience.

Fortin followed up today identifying only the following systems as compatible with EVO-ONE:
* Viper Directed DSM550 (requires you to back-rev the firmware of your EVO) :confused:
* Voxx ASCL6
* Carlink

Downgrading the firmware of my EVO isn't an attractive option.

Interestingly, the Voxx ASCL6, Carlink, MyCar, Linkr-LT1 are all the same product made by the Canadian company Automobility. This is the same system used in Kia's as I understand it, and for which multiple severe security flaws were identified a couple years ago.

The company claims to have addressed those security flaws, but it sounds like there are still at least some obvious privacy issues with Automobility keeping a record of vehicle locations. I suppose it's fair to expect similar privacy implications with any telematics vendor, whether Viper or even the Mazda Connect system on newer cars. What I may be okay with Mazda knowing, I may not be too keen on Automobility tracking, however.

The more time I spent mulling over this, I've decided the best upgrade from my EVO-ONE is the long range RF fobs (RF942) rather than cell connectivity. So with benefit of hindsight, I think if you want or anticipate wanting LTE integration you should choose an autostart system other than Fortin, unless they get their own LTE solution approved in the US at some point in future.

Back