ETS 3.5" top mount intercooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistersix

:
MAZDASPEED6
This is the monster 3.5" intercooler your car is begging for. If you've yet to upgrade your intercooler your doing your car an injustice. This intercooler simply dwarfs the stock unit. It flows better, has more surface area to dissipate more heat more efficiently, and recover from heat soak much faster with its superior bar and plate design.

I've cleaned and polished it to like new finish. Removed any rocks and debris and straightened any bent fins, though there were very few. Frankly, i should have done this awhile ago as it looks great.

Paypal: lancenmeem@gmail.com

$360 shipped!

Price is firm. Shipping only to inland states. Otherwise contact me for info. Sold as-is condition. all sales are final.

056.jpg

057-1.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

Bottom side of fins.
060.jpg

Top side of fins.
061.jpg

Can I ask why exactly you would want to ditch this for a cs tmic? Is there any difference in fitment? Performance?

I just wanted to use the stock shroud. Silly i know, but i'm a lil ocd. I've noticed no difference in performance. Both piece's work great.

Would you wanna part with that COBB shifter weight in your sig? I've been trying to find one of those.

Hmmm...Possibly. I've actually been looking into getting one of the jbarone shift plate kits that comes with a shifter weight. I'll let u know.

Doesn't the CorkSport TMIC have fitment problems with the OEM shroud where it bends a few top fins and you have to wallow out the front mounting holes doing away with the metal inserts..and even than you have to use spacers underneath so the thing doesn't pop off the rear side. Sure a lot of custom work for a $399 part.

Was this the case with yours...?

Gee, i didn't know about all that other stuff, but i did have to dremel down some plastic on the back side of the shroud so it didn't bend fins. But thats no big deal.

What do you me "wallow out"?

And i can't see how it would pop off if you have it bolted down to the mounting tabs, and clamped down by the hood, and attached by the boost tubes.

Could be different for the 3's.

The CorkSport Vendor Forum on another MS3 site addressed the problems..some buyers had to enlarge ("wallow out") the 2 front shroud holes to get the 2 10mm bolts to line up..one guy said he screwed up the bolt hole threads cause he tightened the bolts down even though they were a bit misaligned. The "pop" up reference is to the shroud, not the IC..they mention that the shroud is too snug fitting in some cases or that the front 2 shroud holes area if tightened down snug will bend the front plastic causing the bent fins on the front/back 2 rows of the IC or put enough pressure on the rear shroud tab so it "pops" off or distorts the metal clip there. I think the discussion of the shroud problems with the CS piece goes on for many pages with various fixes like the Dremelling of the plastic ridges you mentioned in addition to using spacers under the front shroud bolts to lift it up a bit.

WOW! Thanks for the info.

To be honest the fitment of the cs piece is so-so. It takes some finagling but it does work out.

The ETS is a totally different story as it fits perfect. If you have a problem getting this thing in then you just got problems in general.

Ive been wondering the same thing. Im still waiting on a pm back at another forum...
If it does fit, im very interested :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back