ETA on the MS-P

Second week of october? not sure about that

I just got off the phone with mazda canada... I asked why there is no MSRP on the @#$@#$ car yet.

The response was:
I know, my daughter keeps bugging me about that car too. We have no information yet on MSRP, and [last I heard] delivery was definitely not in the fall... probably early next year.
I can tell you for sure it is not this fall.

(Can you say DEJA VU?)

Well I'm not too sad, mind you, since I lack the $$$$ right now.

As for the cars at the vancouver docks. Can someone find out if they read miles or kilometers on the odo? :D

Went to my dealer today for a car fix. Sales manager confirmed early next year. (I am in Canada).

And think of this... how can it be october? We don't even know MSRP, it would be unreasonable to announce MSRP 1 month before delivery.

If it's not october, it could be november. Depending when and where you are in Canada, delivering the car with 215/45ZR17s would be nuts.. and who wants to buy a sports car and immediately torture it with canadian salt and dirty roads?

Another issue... I don't have a money tree in my backyard, so I can't come up with 24-30K (whatever it will be) in weeks.
And if the price is attractive, I'd like to SELL my MP3 to someone that will care for the car and pay me fairly, not trade it in at a big loss and have it go to some random jack.

-e

Enry, you need to chill!. All this speculating is getting to you. Per Toronto area dealers I researched with before, the MP3 was "dropped" unannounced on the dealers when they came out. They expect the same pattern for the MSP.

As of late, I could not get an official date other than the following personal confirmations:
1. Mazda Canada Customer Service has stated before X'Mas as recently as Aug 29
2. The Canadian sales glossy info sheet (printed in Canada in June) states October availability. This was given to people on the waiting list in the last 2-4 weeks
3. A memo I received from Callaway states Sept-Nov for mods for BOTH countries done at their ports of entry (logically Vancouver for Canada).

With them being spotted in Van. the only thing I can see stopping the 1st deliveries in the next month is if the Canadian certification wasn't done properly, or that some Canadian regulation mods wasn't done (e.g. billingual labelling). The latter is the situation with the new Honda ST1300 bikes that is stalled right now in a Canadian warehouse. I know because my cousin is waiting for it.

However, you're right that it sucks that we can't get advance notice for financing purposes.

Keep the faith!

no word from Mazda USA (I am in the US) but all the dealers I have contacted in my area, and I have contacted several have said next couple weeks/mid october for delivery. I havent heard any numbers later than those. My dealer is going to NJ on Monday to MAZDASPEED school where the service techs, managemenbt, and salesmen (1 of each I think) learn everything there is to know about the mazdaspeed and how to sell it and fix it and yadda yadda.

The dealer Ia m buying from is one of the top 50 in the country, and the number 1 dealer in CT and is in both of the presidentila service guild things on the MAZDAusa site so I am confident in my ability to get one in the "first wave" but when I went to put my deposit on one the dealer knew nothing about them. He thought the color was "copper" and didnt know anything about how different it would be fromt he mp3, so i sat down with him and told him everything I knew about it (everything there is to know basically) and he was just blown away by all the info I had. He in fact didnt have any flyers for the car (and this was a good few weeks after the fliers had been out) so I gave him one of my extras. He laughed and said this is the first time he has ever had a customer teach HIM about a car and give HIM a flyer about it. Nevertheless he said "Im going down this monday to find out all about the mazdaspeed at mazdaspeed school, probably nothing you dont already know though" but I imagine at the very least he should come back with a solid ETA.......

I'm a salesman here in Houston, TX and our training is on the 18th. My Gen. Mgr., service manager, parts manager, 1 service tech and I are the only ones going from my dealership (MUNDAY MAZDA). I will have more info. after that date.

TreyG73 said:
I'm a salesman here in Houston, TX and our training is on the 18th. My Gen. Mgr., service manager, parts manager, 1 service tech and I are the only ones going from my dealership (MUNDAY MAZDA). I will have more info. after that date.

:D (laugh).......Space center...right?!

I wouldn't be suprised if MNAO drop shifts to dealers in Canada ahead of official marketing, dealer and Canada specific MSP web pages because they do not have time to develop them.

I used to work for a major marketing agency in Detroit which did alot of work with the autos. The dual language requirement in Canada is royal pain in the arse and means that content can not be published in English until French is ready. The "Ford Approved" translation bureaus used to get booked solid, and every document had to pass thru two legal hoops, extra proofing, double creative time as well as Ford of Canada people. I imagine Mazda uses the same or similar channels.

Well, this is my theory about the lack of information about Mazdaspeed and the MSP in Canada!!

For the Canadian dealers or people reading, the car is scheduled to be here in late October. Journalists from Ontario and Quebec will be testing the Mazdaspeed plus the Mazda 6 in Montreal on October 6. I have a journalist customer who will send me pics of both cars later that day.

Performance said:
Journalists from Ontario and Quebec will be testing the Mazdaspeed plus the Mazda 6 in Montreal on October 6. I have a journalist customer who will send me pics of both cars later that day.

I hope to be able to post pics of my MS Protege by then. Of course, I'm not in Canada.

Back