If you don't know how to do it you just need 10 to 20k

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Call me the troll master haha

Haha, just "install" it

If you dont say so, it was that easy :)

20160903_200248_zpsesowjkhi.jpg

20160904_161914_zpsxerdl3am.jpg

If that car running with an h22 I'll be slapping in my itr on mine lol

So this project has been sometime in the making. The car been in the family for the last 5 years, about 1-2 years ago the motor blew up while driving. At the time we could not find a reasonably price replacement motor. We did entertain the idea of rebuilding the motor, but upon closer inspection we noticed it had created a window in the block............

We toss around the idea of swapping in a bunch of different mazda motors at first. No matter what we look into, the idea of throwing a honda motor kept coming up. At first we contemplated going K series, and at one point even had acquired a full k24 swap which we end up parting out when we notice the motor had jump timing and a piston had kiss a valve.

Looking around the garage we had enough parts laying around to put together a F/h2b. From that moment on we spend a few months ironing out some of the details before any of the real work began.

The motor:
F23 block
K20a3 rods (K20a2 rods will not fit, **** you internet myth)
K20a2 piston
H22 head
Hiprofile oil block off pins
k20a2 intake manifold
DYI balance shaft delete
Dyi plateless setup
b18c trans

Anyways onto some pic's!

F/h2b plateless
20160311_180326_zpstrnjeyzy.jpg

S2k staring down another F
IMG-20160319-WA0021_zpsuf9zkjy7.jpeg

Test fitting the motor
20160430_165743_zpsbmil6ct5.jpg

The original engine harness that got cut out.
20160430_170753_zpsugjufzzx.jpg

Strapping the motor down. At this point we need to move the car to my home garage for the fab work.
IMG-20160723-WA0006_zpsintnpfmb.jpeg

Dirty girl
20160723_145453_zpswklcg7iy.jpg

20160723_145508_zpsgdue3grq.jpg

She looks good with a quick wash after sitting for so long.
IMG-20160723-WA0020_zpsjfn0v6ue.jpg

More mock up
20160730_151537_zpswryxiaho.jpg

Fab up a new engine bracket.
IMG-20160803-WA0005_zpsjpbivwc4.jpeg

My approach to building this car has been to treat it like a ek civic. I modified a set of avid steel mounts.
20160804_190229_zps4ocmvg62.jpg

20160804_191945_zpsu6ld8dji.jpg

Axle were easier then I could have ever wish for. The other ends are the original MSP and the rest of the axle is oem b-series.
IMG-20160809-WA0001_zps7kprg8x3.jpg

Rear mount needed to be moved over, nothing some 1/4" steel cant solve.
IMG-20160823-WA0012_zpszxyrtivn.jpeg

All done
20160829_194348_zpsuqoz0tav.jpg

20160831_195836_zpsenvkc7fh.jpg

The Honda swap comes up all the time the facebook page Mazda Speed protege enthusiast

Dang so is that car running though or is it still on the works? That motor with a Lil juice or some boost is the perfect sleeper ...... of both Mazda and Honda world's

Simplist way is dont. You want a honda buy a honda. Unless your looking towards all the money time fab work for less preformance go for it. A well modified 400hp mazda and correct drive can chase 10s all day. If your trying to go north of that by stuffing in a honda engine be prepared for alot of dyi custom suspinsion and breaks may even have to stiffen up the front end idk anyone here north of 400 with no frame work? I cant speak im sitting just north of 350

The Honda swap comes up all the time the facebook page Mazda Speed protege enthusiast

I just joined the group thanks!

Dang so is that car running though or is it still on the works? That motor with a Lil juice or some boost is the perfect sleeper ...... of both Mazda and Honda world's

It's running and we have been putting Mikes on it. I built a turbo kit for it, just wanted to get it running all motor before anything.

That is so bad ass

Thanks!

Simplist way is dont. You want a honda buy a honda. Unless your looking towards all the money time fab work for less preformance go for it. A well modified 400hp mazda and correct drive can chase 10s all day. If your trying to go north of that by stuffing in a honda engine be prepared for alot of dyi custom suspinsion and breaks may even have to stiffen up the front end idk anyone here north of 400 with no frame work? I cant speak im sitting just north of 350

This setup made 650hp in a friend car. It should make 400hp on low boost. I have almost no money into the whole swap, wayyyy less money then it would have cost to build the original junk engine. Fab work wasn't hard at all, the shift linkage was cake, axles bolted together, mounts were easy, the only some what challenge was the wiring, just took sometime to get it to do what we wanted.

Last edited:
Nice! Sorry for my dismissive comment earlier. That was caused by the amount of times inexperienced Honda fanboys have been on here asking about Honda swaps over the years.

I would've started with a k20 or k24, the motor and tranny are on the correct side for this car, and I bet the mounts would be in closer proximity to the actual locations.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I just joined the group thanks!

It's running and we have been putting Mikes on it. I built a turbo kit for it, just wanted to get it running all motor before anything.

Thanks!

This setup made 650hp in a friend car. It should make 400hp on low boost. I have almost no money into the whole swap, wayyyy less money then it would have cost to build the original junk engine. Fab work wasn't hard at all, the shift linkage was cake, axles bolted together, mounts were easy, the only some what challenge was the wiring, just took sometime to get it to do what we wanted.
Did you go standalone ecu?

Nice! Sorry for my dismissive comment earlier. That was caused by the amount of times inexperienced Honda fanboys have been on here asking about Honda swaps over the years.

I would've started with a k20 or k24, the motor and tranny are on the correct side for this car, and I bet the mounts would be in closer proximity to the actual locations.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Lmao no offense taken, I made the post for some laughs. My first attempt was going to be with a k24, but the engine and trans had to many issues. In many ways it would have been easier with a K, but I had about 90% of the parts laying around and said let's try.

Did you go standalone ecu?

Right now it is running on a 100% oem honda ecu. I have a aem v1 I could use, but I think I'm going to run a jumper harness and obd1 chip ecu when I go turbo just to keep it simple.

I got about 3200 into the drivetrain in my msp. Most of it custom fab'd by myself and a buddy. Like the 3in down pipe with no need for the thermostat spacer and it is designed around keeping the a/c compressor. ^.^ its not broke and works ice cold when i want it so why f**k with it ya know.

Speaking of which i pulled her out today and ran her a bit.

Wow man I am impressed, I completely thought you were joking at first. Excellent work, and you are keeping an MSP on the road which I appreciate.

Umm, the fastest Mazdaspeed in the world runs 10s, and it's a speed3 with at least 50k into it. No MSP is going to run 10s. I don't see how 'frame work' would be required if you are making 400hp. I am not a honda fan by any means but 'less performance' with an H22 vs an FS is a joke.

If someone has an MSP that runs 12s, they have an extremely fast MSP.

I got about 3200 into the drivetrain in my msp. Most of it custom fab'd by myself and a buddy. Like the 3in down pipe with no need for the thermostat spacer and it is designed around keeping the a/c compressor. ^.^ its not broke and works ice cold when i want it so why f**k with it ya know.

Speaking of which i pulled her out today and ran her a bit.

I have about $350 out of pocket into this project. The motor should be able to make a reliable 500hp on pump 93. If I wanted to keep ac that wouldn't really be a issue. Of I blow this motor up I have a number of spare blocks that I can shove in. For me it's a win win.

Wow man I am impressed, I completely thought you were joking at first. Excellent work, and you are keeping an MSP on the road which I appreciate.

Umm, the fastest Mazdaspeed in the world runs 10s, and it's a speed3 with at least 50k into it. No MSP is going to run 10s. I don't see how 'frame work' would be required if you are making 400hp. I am not a honda fan by any means but 'less performance' with an H22 vs an FS is a joke.

If someone has an MSP that runs 12s, they have an extremely fast MSP.

This is not a true h22, it's a f23 block and h22 head, making it a 2.3L, but dyno telling me about 210hp at the wheels. I may have to throw some slicks on and see what she runs when boosted. I don't see why a 10s pass would be a issue.

How a out this one ?? Saw this on YouTube https://youtu.be/MRpcwLycymg

That sounds really good, i don't see why I wouldn't be able to match that or beat it with simple piston and rod motor making 600+ hp

Back