Engine splash shield fasteners source/part no?

tanstaafl

:
2013 Mazda5 GT
I'm wondering if ya'll know the part no for the engine splash shield fasteners and/or an aftermarket source for the fasteners, for a 2013 Grand Touring automatic.

(Now let me tell you a story about a piece of string. A couple of weeks I got my oil changed at the Kwik Lube. Today I noticed that the back of the splash shield was hanging loose, so I went to the Kwik Lube this morning. They took it in and returned it in 5 minutes saying it was all fixed. Then I drove to the donut shop, and there I looked under the engine and noticed that the back of the splash shield was being held on by pieces of white string! So I went back to the Kwik Lube and got quite upset at the fellows there, who insisted that they did not put the string there (which of course makes no sense since all I was there for was to get the splash shield connected properly). The ability of two of these fellows to brazenly lie about the string, and with such sincerity, questions my faith in humanity even after all of these years when I have seen plenty of misdeeds. Even my 13-year-old was impressed by their ability to lie with such sincerity. Anyway, they replaced the string with plastic ties which seems plenty strong but at the next oil change these will have to be cut off.)

Thanks for any help.

I change oil -- both the fluid and the filter -- without removing the splash shield/under cover. So once you get the clips/bolts, you should be ok as long as a reputable place changes oil or you do it yourself. I would not recommend quick-lube type places for any auto service.

Now, to service the transmission you'll need to remove the splash shield. The good news is that ATF drain does not need to be done that often. Every 15k miles is frequent enough. In fact, I think every 30k miles should be fine.

Back