emissions help please!

speed5hornet

:
Mazda, Protege5
ok so i need to pass emissions, i have the ion exhaust (no cats resonators nothing) so i just got a high flow cat put in before my 2nd o2 sensor. I cleared my cel which was p0138

now i still get the same cel p0138 with the following info:
fuel sys 1: OL-Drive
fuel sys 2: CL-Fault
calc load(%): 32.16
STFT b1(%): .00
LTFT b1(%): .78
spark adv: 7
IAT: 132
MAF(lb/min): .94

could the sensor be bad? sometimes the cel goes away by itself for maybe a day or two, or a few hours then comes back. Any help would b sweet! thanks

Yeah, the only cause of a P0138 code is a bad rear O2 sensor. Replace the sensor and you should be good.

Yeah, the only cause of a P0138 code is a bad rear O2 sensor. Replace the sensor and you should be good.

ok thanks, should i put the o2 sensor in a non fouler anyway? i have the highflow cat in there...soo should i use the non fouler just in case?

It's up to you. You can try without the nonfouler first or not - the nonfouler is only a few dollars in parts and is not that hard to install. I think it's really just personal preference.

I am curious about your high-flow cat. Did you put a short piece of pipe in before you installed the cat? I'm just asking because our cats are right next to the exhaust manifold, so it's near impossible to install a universal one without modification.

It's up to you. You can try without the nonfouler first or not - the nonfouler is only a few dollars in parts and is not that hard to install. I think it's really just personal preference.

I am curious about your high-flow cat. Did you put a short piece of pipe in before you installed the cat? I'm just asking because our cats are right next to the exhaust manifold, so it's near impossible to install a universal one without modification.

its in the exhaust pipe, just after the downpipe

Back