Eibach ProKit Alignment

Hey dudes,

Went in to repair a flat tire on my 18's. I waited a while and the guy came out and said all 4 wheels were shot and the tread belts were poking out the inner sides of the tires! I've only had the tires for a year! He said my suspension was out of alignment.

I currently have Eibach ProKit Springs installed. Should the suspension be aligned to OEM specs, or are there different specs according to the spring installation?

I'm a car noob, so sorry if this is a dumb or redundant question. Thanks guys!

- Stain

No. You should be fine... I'm lowered on H&R Springs (about the same drop as Pro-kit) and Tokico Blue struts and I've never had inner tyre wear issues despite the camber my car has. You should swap out the struts when you do springs if you didn't. Aftermarket springs will blow out oem struts in a hurry.

What size tyres to you have on the 18's? How wide are the wheels and whats the offset?

Pics too plz. ;)

I would imagine so. I've always told the guys to make it factory spec if I get an alignment. Most shops should ask if you're lowered before they do any work. They always ask me, I don't know if it makes a difference, but they always do stock specs for me.

When I had my Grand Am, I had lowering springs on as well. Went through 5 tires before I took the springs back off. Same problem, insides of tires wore much quicker than everything else.

I took it to a shop that did laser alignments and the springs were causing camber issues, more so the "toe", I believe, was off. They wanted $60 a plate that would correct the issue, and that was the end of the springs.

I just don't think it's the springs. I'm dropped around the same height and I know guys who have/had Eibachs with no tyre wear issues. No camber adjustment required.

But who knows.

im running 3.5 of neg camber all around on my car and i have VERY little edge wear. its more then likely your toe specs are out and thats eating up your tires. i align cars with modded suspensions very ofter at work with little issues. i would suggest going around to different shops and talk to different techs that are more familar with lowered rice rockets(hi)

i have a pro kit and i am in spec and never did a alignment only threw it on the machine to check it

i have 2 inch lowering springs with tokico struts and my aligment came out all in spec really no difference with me in or outta the car no difference with a full or empty tank of gas either

The OP's problem sounds more like too much toe. For the most part, you can run zero toe unless you're doing some serious competition. Even then, on an AX course, you'd run 0.2 toe out. For the track, more in the range of 0.02 toe out, although that varies by taste and driving style/ability.

-Michael

Thanks guys for the help! I took it in to get it aligned to stock and the handling/coasting has significantly improved. For it to make that much difference, something must have been way off to begin with. Who knows what those hacks at that custom shop did to it... Thanks a lot fellas!

Back