Ebay Cargo Hold Cover for Gen 1 Mazda5

I have one of these and there is one thing about it I don't like.

If you need to use the third row for people the cover has to come out. The problem is the cover is too wide to lay down behind the third row for temp storage. If you aren't somewhere that you can leave it out of the car then you have to run it for/aft laying it between the seats.

Hmmm good to know. But i lost the bid at the last second. Probably going with oem at some point. Unless someone can recommend an aftermarket alternative.

HEre's another one by that same seller on ebay. Same starting price too.~~~~> https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) Next time, near the end of the auction, put the absolute highest that you are willing to pay and press bid. When there is about about 10 seconds remaining, press the button CONFIRM. Its called sniping but all's fair when you're trying to save money. Good luck.

hibern8r<~~ebayer since 1998

Last edited:
you guys are awesome.

And i definitely got sniped. I watched the countdown on my phone and thought all was well. The dude that beat me literally waited until the absolute last second. I though i won when banner popped up. I'm celebrating, dancing around the room and then i read the banner. :( lol It was my first time ever bidding on an item. I've always avoided bids and focused on buy now stuff. Thx for the link. I was hoping he would repost. Now i know, don't bid until there's 1.29 seconds left!

HEre's another one by that same seller on ebay. Same starting price too.~~~~> https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) Next time, near the end of the auction, put the absolute highest that you are willing to pay and press bid. When there is about about 10 seconds remaining, press the button CONFIRM. Its called sniping but all's fair when you're trying to save money. Good luck.

hibern8r<~~ebayer since 1998

Yup I do this all the time and it works every time. The sweet spot is 10 seconds left and be quick.

Best to use a pc. Phones are ok in a jam but the time remaining is not always accurate. I just found out that in the last 30 seconds on my kindle, the screen refreshes every 5 seconds, which doesn't give you enough time bid, let alone snipe! Throwing your absolute highest bid out there will sometimes be enough to beat out snipers, because they usually bid lower and just over the last bid.

You should have taped the dancing and then the look you had when you realized you didn't win the auction. Guaranteed 100,000 hits on youtube!! Good luck next time... :)

Last edited:
Never auto-bid... you get a-holes like me that incrementally bump the bid amounts to push you right to your bid limit so you don't get notified, then snipe you in the last 2 seconds of the auction.

:D

Never auto-bid... you get a-holes like me that incrementally bump the bid amounts to push you right to your bid limit so you don't get notified, then snipe you in the last 2 seconds of the auction.

:D
I agree. Auto bid really works for ebay as it usually drives the price of the auction higher than it normally would be. That's why when I do find myself sniping at an auction, I enter at that one time the absolute most that I am willing to pay for an item. If the other person throws a last minute bid in, it has to beat whatever my highest bid is (which at this point, is still unknown to other bidders. All they see is what the current bid is) otherwise on their screen, it will automatically show "you have been outbid" at which point, they won't have time to enter another bid. Even this can go against you for the more popular items as their absolute highest bid may be closer to yours which causes you to pay closest to your absolute highest price for an item than you normally would. I call that one bumping heads. But hey, that's part of the excitement of ebay.

Last edited:
Always bid a weird amount like $5.03. They might bid $5.01 to try to snipe it but no time to figure it out. Also, never pay more than you're willing. There will be another.

I WON IT!

Thanks for the advice fellas! No one sniped me though. It was an easy win this time around.

It'll be here sometime next week. I'll let you guys know how it is.

Haven't you guys ever used sniper programs? I've used auctionsniper.com and been happy with it. It does charge a minimal fee when you win, but nothing if you don't.

Those people who out-snipe you are probably computers. Best of both worlds, because you set your max bid (and any small bid increment if you want), but it doesn't run up the auction price until 3-5 seconds before the end, so you're basically only doing war with other sniper services. I haven't always won using it, but it's far better than waiting around and trying to manually snipe something.

When it shows up it'll feel like Christmas in the spring... Just watch! Congrats on the score!!
(cabpatch)

completely forgot to report in. This chinese piece of ebay crap does the job well enough. the build quality is so-so but nothing too out of wack. The cover itself is very thin and the spring loaded mounts don't move smoothly at all. It does scratch up the mounting points of the van as it it universal and not really Mz5 specific. My rear panels are toast anyway since she plays cargo van on some weekends. Perfect case of getting what you pay for. But again, it was cheap and it covers the rear cargo area well.

Hi all,
I have a 2009 Mazda 5 that I bought used but it didn't come with a rear cargo shade. I took a chance and won this item:

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

But when I attempted to install it, I noticed it was a way too wide and nearly impossible to maneuver in the back. I also noticed it lacked the cut out in the middle of the tarp like I've seen online. I may have gotten a different model but the seller says they got it out of a car whose VIN is a 2010 Mazda 5 (JM1CR2W38A0378584). I'm currently on business so I can't get back to my garage at the moment but I took a picture. I'm not even sure removing the caps like these directions will do the trick:

http://ep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-24809172479195/cx5cargocover.pdf

As a side note, these instructions also say that you can store it in front of the middle seats when not in use.

Can someone please take some simple measurements or maybe a full picture installed and out of the car? Maybe I can figure out if I need to return it or not? Am I just crazy or I didn't try hard enough to install it.

Thanks!

How it looked in my car:
20140501_1028281_zpscd920925.jpg

Regards,
-Curtis

Back