Eaton S/C

Rio Racer said:
you do realize that the srt-4 is boosting 18 psi while racing from a roll where the turbo is most advantageous.

exactly, the roots is #1 not even a reg s/c will do, gotta be roots (stoned)

twizyours said:
Ok my thoughts rite now was this. I was going to take one of the two extra manis I fot and take the plenium side off. Cut and grind the vics out to it is even and smooth. Then try and see if I can get a machine shop to fabricat a adapter plate for me. Pretty much I am going to see id I can have a roots sitting wheir the pleniums are sitting. If that can be accomplished then I would have them fabricat the adapter for the throttle bodies. I think the pulley side on a thunderbird or bonneville might work. Right now I am 5000 miles away so this wont be happening for a while. I have been thinking about this for a while and that is my plan for now.

very cool, from what ive found out look at the bonnies, same as the one from the "knight" kit and i cant fig out if its an m62 or what

Yes the response and power band would be nice. I was even playing with dyno 2000 with the jdm 10.4 pistons with 6 psi. Would be pretty nice the power. The way I am trying is really feasible but cant really tell the clearances of my plan until I get home and put the manifold on withouth the pleaniums. I am going to try and get the thunderbird s/c from a junkyard or e-bay for fab.

also if it works between the pipe for throttle body is wheir I am thinking of putting the bypass valve for back pressure

Thomas knight has gotten bad rep from some crappy products he mad for the probe guys. Alot of that was way before this forum. He will make anything if he thinks he can make money from what I remeber from old probe forums. That might wheir that comment may have come from.

twizyours said:
Yes I was looking at that or I think the t-bird has m90

all i know is the m90 moves s*** loads more air then the m62 so i hope it can take it! hmm i might follow your steps, sounds a little cheaper using existing stuff, uhh lol what is pleaniums. i cant even say that word lol

thrasher said:
Exactly. Seems like it would make the most sense given the lack of space in our engine bay.

thats made specific for toyota, if im goin to all that trouble im goin roots(shady)

lol yeah I spelled it wrong. If my way works it would cost less then gt28rs to make it happen. Yes not having to fab manifold would save alot of time and cost.

Well since I wont even be home for 5 weeks and have alot to when I get home since I have been gone for a while. I wont be working on this for a while. So if you got to get it done before me good luck. I didnt want to have someone steal my idea, but I think it will work and if you can get a roots done it would be nice.

Last thing before I sign out. If you get this done I was going to run it at 6-7 psi. So you should be able to use the msp ecu since I believe the t-25 ran at that pressure so the fuel and igniton curves might run fine for it. That would be a better way for fuel managment. Good Luck

The Thomas Knight kit most likely has an M62. In the early 90s, the t-bird used the M62. I think they switched to the M90 around 94.

I've got a couple of extra M90s in my garage and thought about putting one in the P5. It wouldn't be that hard. The older (early 90s 323 and probe) 2.0L didn't have long intake runners, that intake manifold would be a good donor to start with. Roots supercharger go well with short runners and large plenums, so construct a box to go from the supercharger to the intake manifold. The main thing holding me back was driving the thing. I could come up with a solution to get it to turn. However, on my other car, I spin the supercharger at 12,000 rpm and that takes about 80hp. That's a lot of parasitic loss, which is why most folks just stick with a turbo.

The Eatons from the late 90s to current are much nicer with the internal bypass. A gen 5 has a better port design, but a gen 3 will be adequate for our application.

GNO said:
The Thomas Knight kit most likely has an M62. In the early 90s, the t-bird used the M62. I think they switched to the M90 around 94.

I've got a couple of extra M90s in my garage and thought about putting one in the P5. It wouldn't be that hard. The older (early 90s 323 and probe) 2.0L didn't have long intake runners, that intake manifold would be a good donor to start with. Roots supercharger go well with short runners and large plenums, so construct a box to go from the supercharger to the intake manifold. The main thing holding me back was driving the thing. I could come up with a solution to get it to turn. However, on my other car, I spin the supercharger at 12,000 rpm and that takes about 80hp. That's a lot of parasitic loss, which is why most folks just stick with a turbo.

The Eatons from the late 90s to current are much nicer with the internal bypass. A gen 5 has a better port design, but a gen 3 will be adequate for our application.

all verry verry good things to know thanks for adding this!! hmm i dono about that m90 just because the intake is on the top and outlet on bottom. I like what knight did in the first pics by adding the mercedes s/c which has thin intake at the side (same area as the intake for our cars now) and the gm side of the s/c (belt side) for the length i assume. just the belt setup isnt so good as u can see from the pic. so grab those 2 parts for the s/c get someone to make that intake (also in the pic) and thats the worst of it done. my next question is whats all that jumble of intake stuff on the right side of the s/c? id need specifics if anyone can see what that is, then maybe this can come together.... the pics are on page one at the top

keep me posted on what you do, i might be interested in one of those m90's if your selling? and if you think it can work

twizyours said:
Well since I wont even be home for 5 weeks and have alot to when I get home since I have been gone for a while. I wont be working on this for a while. So if you got to get it done before me good luck. I didnt want to have someone steal my idea, but I think it will work and if you can get a roots done it would be nice.

ahahahah, same i wanted to be first with the roots on my p5 but w/e i dont care it will be so fun it really doesnt matter. you will have this done long before me, i might be at home but i have $100 bucks to my name so i will be saving for a couple months before any videos of my rocket car will be up on here, lol (drive2)

I took a couple of pics with an M90 from a GM L67 next to an FS intake manifold. The height the width would make a good fit, but it's too long. The M62 is a bit shorter, so that'd work better.

There are a variety of M62 input and output configurations. Having the output on top like the t-bird it nice for air-air intercooling. The output on the bottom, like pictured, a liquid-air intercooler would have to be sandwiched in between and there's not much space for that. Intercooling isn't necessary at low boost, but low boost gets old quick, so it's nice to be prepared

Attachments

• 100_0409.jpg
    100_0409.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 100_0410.jpg
    100_0410.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 122
Mp90 is a big blower capable of alot of power but also since its so big causes alot of power loss to run it. I have a Mp62 on my tib currently and there is a Mp90 kit for the tib at makes over 300 whp but like I said might not be the best choice for an I4 set up such as the FSDE. Mp90 lets out a sweet loud whine though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqIWJTFB5eE I don't know how much power you are looking for but if it's not too extreme there is always and Mp45 blower which is tiny and easy to run and they are designed for 2.0 cars. http://www.capa.com.au/eaton_mp45_4th.htm

MMM, i like that m90 and i would like it even more if it would fit!, and i think it would if you changed the shaft/belt part of it with a shorter one like the gm3800 nose, i think it might cut it, oh yes that would be oh so tight

wait a tic, after having a second look at the m45 i like it even more!!! that would be much easier to fit and you could still make stupid #s if you did your internals

Back