Eaton M62 electronically clutched supercharger

Title says it all. Also included is the bracket plate I made, some hardware if I can find it, and the inlet and outlet though it would be wise to fabricate a new outlet. It has some gunk built up in it from sitting in my garage for a while, but I will clean it out before the sale.

300 bucks OBO

i have a larger pulley i might be willing to sell to generate 8-10psi with this SC, same one is on my car now.

So basically.. SC, Intercooler/intake, stand alone ECU and that's it? Besides little things like BOV/gauges?

what he said. but with the sc you don't need to worry about oil and coolant lines like with a turbo

At that level of boost, would using a MSP computer be sufficient for fuel and ignition timing? Or is the ssafc pretty much a requirement?

And just as a question of curiosity, a sort of "what if" moment: could there be any perceptible gain in running the output of the FMIC into the input of a factory MSP SMIC on its way to the intake? Or would that likely be much more detrimental than beneficial?

This generated 3 psi for me. But power is not all about pressure. Its about the amount of air youre moving into the motor. So while this was generating less pressure, it was moving enough air to run side by side with a bolt-on msp. so basically, same power, less strain on the motor. it is the only size pully, couldn't ever find a bigger one. but this gives a huge kick in the pants compared to an mp3 flash, like I had before it. I took it off before I sold it and couldn't remember how I used to drive that slow.

so I bought a universal piping kit on ebay with an intercooler and as many couplers and clamps as possible. I used the pipes and managed to make it work. I can send pictures for reference if I still have them. but it worked just fine. I used part of the piping kit for the intake as well. a couple things that make it way easier though is to have a catless header (you can get for about 100 used on here) and that frees up some power as well, and maybe slim fans but I opted not to use those. then you will need an ssafc to tune for it and take full control of your engine and get the full potential of power this set up can make! I dedicated one weekend to this and got it done and running by sunday evening. just takes some perserverance and patience.

i thought about using msp computer, but I came to the conclusion that with the amount of money it cost to do the whole thing, and the fact that it was going to take money to get the msp ecu, might as well just spend the little bit of extra cash to have a tuning solution that can unleash a lot more power and driveability, as well as peace of mind. and you could use a smic. it would be sufficient. at first I did not run an intercooler at all, but once I installed the fmic it was a huge difference.

I was actually wondering if there would be anything to gain from using an SMIC in *addition* to the FMIC. As in, S/C to FMIC to SMIC to intake manifold.

Of course, this may not be appropriate questioning for a For Sale thread. I'm a pretty terrible hijacker, my apologies.

if youre still interested in buying I don't mind. but to answer your question no not really. a fmic cools the intake charge greatly already, I don't think that adding an smic would change anything. itd be more weight, and if you go with a 2.5 inch intercooler and piping, the msp smic which is only 2.25 would restrict air flow.

Hmm..curious about a few things. (Apologies if considered thread-jacking)

What kind of HP and Torque gains do you think this specific SC gives?
Pros/Cons of this vs a Turbo setup?
And lastly..is it at all possibly to keep A/C while running a SC or no?

Not possible to keep the AC with this set up.

Advantages to this over a turbo is that it generates msp like power at lower boost levels putting less strain on the motor, it is instant boost, you can turn it on and off with a switch so you can still get great gas mileage, and it sounds awesome.

power increase is probably a realistic 40ish whp? maybe 50? I don't know, never had it dynoed

Not possible to keep the AC with this set up.

Advantages to this over a turbo is that it generates msp like power at lower boost levels putting less strain on the motor, it is instant boost, you can turn it on and off with a switch so you can still get great gas mileage, and it sounds awesome.

power increase is probably a realistic 40ish whp? maybe 50? I don't know, never had it dynoed
Ah alright thank you! As I plan on boosting in the future, I was curious as to how the SC does in our cars since seemingly turbo is the common way to go.

If I had the $300 I certainly would. Offering the same levels of turbo power with less strain on motor and instant boost, plus the fact that you and bikingpro5 are the only ones I know to have SC'ed P5's making it unique? Heck yeah. Money just is the issue atm..

If I had the $300 I certainly would. Offering the same levels of turbo power with less strain on motor and instant boost, plus the fact that you and bikingpro5 are the only ones I know to have SC'ed P5's making it unique? Heck yeah. Money just is the issue atm..

mines a P5, AJs is a Sedan i know of one other sedan that has one. Yes they are rare,

mines a P5, AJs is a Sedan i know of one other sedan that has one. Yes they are rare,

Ah okay. Well even more reason then. Do what others don't. Also im curious if I could run an ebay FMIC with a SC? I know you can run a turbo with it but I wasn't sure if you can do the same or if you need a special FMIC for it.

Back