Easter egg for new owner

nah! we have tech package we don't need it..

BTW, pardon my ignorance because I don't read owners manual (ever) :D.. seems like the smart city braking also does it on the side and not exclusively on front. There was heavy traffic this morning and I tried to change lane (to my left) fast with only couple inches away from other car (eek) and I can feel the car braking and also not letting me rev.. is this for real?

Hmm I haven't heard of this. The sensors just point straight forward. I know there is the BSMS but not sure that is tied into the SCBS and actually application of brakes. That just lights up when a car is in blind spot and if you put your signal on while a car is there, it will beep. So I'm pretty sure it doesn't do it with trying to change lanes. Unless you also have the iActiv Sense package but even with that, I haven't heard of this feature.

Hmm I haven't heard of this. The sensors just point straight forward. I know there is the BSMS but not sure that is tied into the SCBS and actually application of brakes. That just lights up when a car is in blind spot and if you put your signal on while a car is there, it will beep. So I'm pretty sure it doesn't do it with trying to change lanes. Unless you also have the iActiv Sense package but even with that, I haven't heard of this feature.

Since you say you were in traffic could it have picked up the car in front of you as you moved? As far as I know the camera is in front and doesn't pivot.

Mazda5 - if you unlock the doors with the keyfob and do not promptly open one of the doors, the doors re-lock themselves. I used to sometimes leave the keys in my car to run in the house or similar, but this feature has me paranoid that the doors might decide to lock themselves under other circumstances, too.

If you step on the gas and press the secret gas button- make sure you've got a clear road in front of you.

Back