dual exhaust

:
Mazdaspeed3
just wondergin for no real reason at all. has anyone ever tried to run a dual exhaust on the 07-09 speed 3? i dont know if the suspension would allow it but i cant see why you wouldnt be able to run it like the current setup only use a y pipe right at the rear. it would have no function....it would be just to make the rear end symetrical. honestly....i dont think ill ever do it. lol. something i would like to see.

Google and the search tab on here are your friends.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123687532

attachment.php

dual, 4banger=ghey rice

the following cars are now considered "ghey":

s2000
mazdaspeed6
srt4 neon
audi tt
sti
evo
lotus elise

just to name a few. and im assuming that ghey rice is only a comparison to your ms3 because it has 1 exhaust outlet with only 4 cylinders? it can't be a comparison of quickness because that entire list of cars is faster than the ms3, and im sure there are more 4 cylinder cars with dual exhaust that are faster.

im a little passionate about these exhaust threads because it DOESN'T MATTER ONE BIT how many exhaust outlets you have on any number of cylinder engine. you can have 4 outlets on a 2 rotor, you can have 1 on a V12.

i happen to think that dual exhaust looks better on pretty much any car, especially ones considered a "sports" car. and by dual exhaust i mean outlets on either side of the rear of the car, not on the same side (see below list). it's really all about whether or not it goes with the looks of the car as a whole

examples of my personal picks of failed exhausts:

5.7L gto (true dual exhaust but out one side of the car)

ISF (stacked whut?)

boxster (looks like a butthole)

viper (going from side exhaust to rear, no likey)

dodge charger (V-6 has singe exhaust, but dodge in all their cheap glory still had a cutout for their V-8 dual exhaust. just plain sad)

good call my friend. seems like people conform to what one person says about 4 cylinder with dual port being gay. although...if you think about it, you could totally make it a "true" dual if you split the header and made two seperate exhaust mani's....would that make it less gay?

good call my friend. seems like people conform to what one person says about 4 cylinder with dual port being gay. although...if you think about it, you could totally make it a "true" dual if you split the header and made two seperate exhaust mani's....would that make it less gay?

basically this is just another one of those loosely used terms that lost its meaning. that's why sometimes you have to clarify things by saying "true dual" instead of just dual. but even then you have to be more specific.

one could argue that dual exhaust means 2 separate pipes, 1 for each bank. but when you say bank you kinda limit the engine to a V formation. maybe you could have a straight 6 and have 2 exhaust tailpipes being fed by 2 separate headers each getting fed by 3 exhaust ports.

but wait, if having dual exhaust means that the gasses are completely separated by 2 completely separate sets of piping then corvettes have single exhausts. there may be 2 headers, and 2 tailpipes, but the gasses sort of merge together somewhere towards the middle of the car in their H (or is it X) pipe configuration. by doing this one exhaust stroke sort of assists in pulling out the exhaust stroke of another cylinder at the merge point. difficult to explain in writing but it works

so really, like i've said before, the way the exhaust looks on the outside of the car has nothing to do with how many cylinders it has. it's purely for looks. and i like the look of separated dual exhaust on a "sports" car. and that is one redesign of the 3 (especially the 2010 ms3) that im jealous of

the more i look at the 2010 model dual port exhaust the less i like it. i like the way theu designed the ms6 exhaust. the 2010 ms3 exhaust looks likda shotty to me. not a fan. but i do like the 3 in this thread. classy.

I never understood why they made that exhaust for the GTO...

seriously...the only thing good about it is the obvious way you can tell the 6.0 from the 5.7. that and the hood scoops

kinda a shame about that car and the g8. both cars were pretty decent, but the gto never got any good reviews and the g8 didnt' last long cuz they threw pontiac away. i woulda rocked the g8 gxp...or even the g8 firehawk

dodge charger (V-6 has singe exhaust, but dodge in all their cheap glory still had a cutout for their V-8 dual exhaust. just plain sad)

Hahahah that is awesome. I think I recall Honda doing the same thing with the Accord 4 cylinder VS the V6 in previous years.

it almost sucks being an enthusiast. 99% of car owners don't know how a car works, don't care how a car looks, don't know about any other car...which is why you have an empty cutout on that charger and ppl who look at a miata with a hard top and say "nice porsche" (happened to me).

im sure dodge and any other manufacturer who does that saved lots of money with that extra cutout. that means they only needed 1 type of stamp for that bumper instead of 2, saving time and money. all im saying is that it only really looks bad to the "enthusiast", and the rest of the time it goes unnoticed. oh well

Back