DSC button (speed3)

jeebusm3

:
yes
I noticed that if you push and hold the dsc button, that the dsc off light comes on. Keep holding around 10 seconds and the light goes back off. However....after you have done this, the dsc button will do nothing upon further presses, until you shut off the vehicle and restart.

Anyone know what this does?

Interesting. I hadn't heard of that before, but I know that on the 1st gen MS3s, pressing and holding the DSC button while starting the car turns both DSC and traction control off. This is not the case with the '10s.

Doesn't really make sense that holding the DSC button would re-enable it permanently (at least until you turn of the engine). (dunno)

Interesting. I hadn't heard of that before, but I know that on the 1st gen MS3s, pressing and holding the DSC button while starting the car turns both DSC and traction control off. This is not the case with the '10s.

Doesn't really make sense that holding the DSC button would re-enable it permanently (at least until you turn of the engine). (dunno)

and this is why I was trying it. It does the same thing whether you hold it while starting (and keep holding for ~10 seconds), or if you hold it while the car is running.

I couldn't understand the point of it.

...Or turn it off and hold it for 10 seconds so it turns back on again, apparently. ;) Tried it this morning. Weird.

The only useful purpose I can think of: a salesperson at a dealer could do this before a test drive to prevent the test-driver from being able to disable it.

Back