2017~2024 Driving Lights...Long Life

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
Since day one I have always left my headlight switch set to "Auto". Now 35,000 kilometers and over two years later the driving lights still shine bright and no need for replacement. I must say I'm impressed. I see many year old cars with a brake or tail light out around here (Colombia) so kudos to Mazda for quality components.

This information is incomplete in many ways and it does not enable any one to come to any conclusion. First of all what kind of headlight do you have? Halogen or LED? I have a LED and it has done more than 40000km but that is nothing for LED that should last a lifetime of the car, specially the new LED in 2017 CX5. If you have a halogen headlight then you probably have a LED daytime lights called DRL and that means that DRL are used constantly at daytime saving on the halogens for only the night and darkness. That gives the halogen lights a very long life. Besides the halogen bulb from OEM in the cars are usually the long life LL type too. By the way the halogen lights (other small lights, not headlights) in my car are made by Stanley Japan and that probably explains their good quality.

Back