Double Din dash question

escobedo

:
Cosmic Blue 08 Mazdaspeed3
For those of you that have installed a double din.

Do you miss being able to see the current mpg, miles remaining, etc...?

I have a double din from a previous car that I'd like to install but I really like being able to see the info.

Your inputs are appreciated.

no,
i would like to fill in the empty space, but i have a gas gauge, odometer, and don't care about "current" mpg
bigger numbers for the hvac would be nice

For those of you that have installed a double din.

Do you miss being able to see the current mpg, miles remaining, etc...?

I have a double din from a previous car that I'd like to install but I really like being able to see the info.

Your inputs are appreciated.

You can actually retain one of the things that displays on the left of the LCD with the stock stereo. The trick is to set it to whatever you want (e.g. clock, miles to empty, MPG, etc.) and then unplug the stock stereo and plug in the aftermarket stereo while the car (and stereo) are on. If you ever have to disconnect the battery you'll have to repeat the process, and you'll be unable to switch between settings, but that way you actually get some functionality from the stock LCD. Oh also the ambient temp will remain, and if you have ACC those features remain.

Just confirm that the dash kit you get to install the double DIN has the brackets to attach the stock LCD.

Back